Cubase LE AI 11 Elements Crash on startup Mac

Hi,

First time Steinberg user and first time forum user. Trying to use Cubase LE AI 11 that came with a UR22C audio interface. It crashes on startup, immediately after showing splash screen “Audio driver setup”. Fresh install. Latest drivers/firmware installed. Disabling/removing native/3rd party plugins doesn’t resolve the problem. I’m on Mac running Mojave. Thanks for any input.

Edit: added crash log, it shows as a pdf file (so I could upload it) but it isn’t, you have to open it with a text editor:

Cubase LE AI Elements 11_2021-01-29-201824_Mac-Pro.pdf (99.1 KB)

Can anyone read/understand the crash report so I at least have an idea of where I have to start looking? Cheers.

Hi,

The PDF cannot be opened. Please, attach the source *.crash file:
Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

Thank you for replying.

Cubase LE AI Elements 11_2021-01-30-170426_Mac-Pro-van-Erik.crash.zip (24.3 KB)

Hi,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Thank you

Every time I start Cubase normally I get that “Safe Mode” screen, so I don’t need to use the keyboard shortcut combination to get to it. I tried every option on there (disabling 3rd party plugins, delete preferences, disable preferences, etc). I even tried manually deleting the preferences directory, to no avail. It continues to the “Audio driver setup” screen, which is displayed for a brief second and then disappears followed by the message the program has crashed.

Hi,

I see, thank you for the details.

It crashes somewhere in the Cubase bios. Lets’ for Steinberg’s developers.

Hi,

Is it still crashing in Cubase 11.0.20, please?