Cubase LE AI 9.5 hanging at startup on mac os x 10.11

I have Cubase LE AI Elements 9.5 on a mac os x 10.11 system, it’s hanging at one of two places at startup and I can not use the software. It launched twice normally before this started happening.

1. First place it locks up in the splash screen like this:

(attached)

2. Second place is in the Steinberg Hub screen where you select what kind of project/file-template to open. Sometimes it hangs (wheel spinning cursor icon) without clicking anything and sometimes it hangs whenever I click any option in this screen.

(attached)
Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 7.18.58 PM.jpg
Help!
I just installed, it was like 6 gigs of downloading. If I reinstall and it keeps doing this I don’t know if I can handle this. Is Cubase always this flaky?

Hi and welcome,

1. Make sure you have the latest Steinberg USB Audio Device driver installed.

2. You are using Cubase 9.5.0, update to the very latest Cubase 9.5.40, please. Within this week 9.5.4x hot fix should be released. I would strongly recommend to update to this one too after.

Does it still hang after the updates?

I will try the update. Meanwhile I did notice that when 9.5.0 hangs like this, it’s time to reboot Mac OS X and you can get in again, until it happens again. I hope that helps people.

Whatever it is that causes the hang, the same issue affects OTHER apps using the audio interface (a steinberg UR22 mkII). I suspect a low level audio interface driver bug?

Warren

Update didn’t change anything. Uninstalling STEAM CLIENT from this mac, fixed it.

More time now to make music, less time playing games. Win Win.