Cubase LE AI Elements 10.5. Installer 15 GB ...?

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, hobby user / home recording / no computer or cubase pro. Elements 10.5. runs on my macbook OS Big Sur 11.5.2 - the installer uses 15 GB on the hard drive - is that a normal / usual file size? Is it related to projects and tracks-sizes? Seems quite big to me. Thank you so much for your comment.
Simon

Hi and welcome to the forum,

The Full Installer includes all the libraries, therefore it’s so large.

Thanks Martin for your fast reply. So -

• if I created back up files of the projects
  • delete unused tracks, takes, tunes etc.
  • keep only the back up project / delete the original project
  • would that reduce the size of the installer file?
    : )

Hi,

The project files have nothing to do with the installer.

The installer installs Cubase application, all components (plug-ins, instruments and other components) and all the content (sound library for the plug-ins, audio files, etc.).

The projects is your music (set of MIDI data or audio signal, plus applied plug-ins, automation…).

What do you want to achieve, please?

Thank you, Martin, for your patient explanations. I would like to reduce the GB data load on my Macbook. But obviously Cubase has nothing to do with the overload on my hard drive.

Thank you and all the best for the future
Sim : ) n

Hi,

If you don’t use the built in Steinberg library, you can delete it.

Oh okay! Would this affect the insert effects (as marked in the screenshot) aswell?

Hi,

Chorus doesn’t need any library, but for example REVerence is a convolution Reverb with a library. But you save the most space, if you remove HALion Sonic SE and Groove Agent SE libraries from the Steinberg Library Manager.

Hey Martin,

great! You made my day! Thank you!

Have a nice weekend!
Simon