Cubase LE AI Elements 7 has stopped working error

Since purchase, every time I close Cubase it crashes with Windows error message:

“Cubase LE AI Elements 7 has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.”

I was living with this because it didn’t seem to affect anything however now it’s happening when I try to open any project. Is this a known issue?

How do I resolve this or will I have to do a complete uninstall / reinstall?
Will my existing project files be corrupted?

Thank you
NJ

I ended up having to phone Steinberg support because my support tickets simply weren’t responded to (disappointing). Here’s their reply which resolved the “Cubase LE AI Elements 7 has stopped working” error…

Please reset your Cubase by generating a new preferences folder.
To do so, you must rename the corresponding program folder mentioned below. Please note that the folder is usually hidden by default.

To access it, please open the Windows Explorer (Windows key + E) and follow these steps:
Enter “%appdata%\Steinberg” (without the quotation marks) in the address bar of the Windows Explorer and press “Enter”. This lists all available preference folders for Steinberg applications.

Please rename
“OS Disk \User<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase Elements 7”
to
“OS Disk \User<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase Elements 7 inactive”

Preferences that you have grown accustomed to and that have taken a lot of time to configure - the key commands for instance - can be copied from the inactive folder to the newly created active preferences folder at a later point.

If you have more than one Cubase preferences folder – most likely because you have had older Cubase versions installed or still use older versions on the same system, it is recommended to rename those folders as well.

Now all I need to do is get my UR22 working (UR22 audio inputs recording at 20-25% level before peaking - UR Series - Steinberg Forums) and I’ll be ready to record something! Yes…that is 100% sarcasm! Disappointed with Steinberg so far.

NJ

Have similar problem. Cubase freezes up when I try to save a recording, and all I can do is close it. I Will try to follow those instructions (sound clear as mud to me) Also found sending in support ticket waste of time.