Cubase LE audio interface problems

I’ve just got a Behringer UMC22, hooked up to my MacBook Pro running Cubase LE AI Elements. I can’t get the inputs to work. Output works fine, and I have signal from a guitar in the Instrument input on the UMC22. But Cubase won’t let me configure. Under Audio Connections - Inputs, I have a Mono bus, and under Audio Device it says “Not Connected.” When I click on that, it shows USB Audio CODEC (which is what I selected under the VST audio System, in Studio Setup). But when I click on it, nothing happens. It goes back to “Not Connected.” Does LE not let you use audio inputs??

Hi and welcome,

I would recommend to use ASIO4ALL virtual ASIO driver instead of the native driver.

I’m using a Mac, not Windows.The Behringer site has the ASIO4ALL driver, but when I download it and try to run, it says “can’t run, this is a windows file”. Behringer gives no option for a Mac. I found a “Mac ASIO” file on some sketchy site, but don’t know where to save it on my Mac so it recognizes it. All the documentation says I don’t need a driver for Mac. I’m wondering if Cubase LE just doesn’t allow you to do this since it is a trial version? Shouldn’t be this hard.

Hi,

OK, if you are in Mac then it’s a bit different. ASIO4ALL is Windows only. You really don’t need any driver for Mac.

Could you attach some screenshots? From VST Audio System, VST Connections, etc?

Cubase LE is not a trial version and it should work in it.

Hi

I have the same issue, Garageband picks it up fine but Cubase wont, comes up as USB Audio Codec???

Alan

Hi and welcome,

Are you on Windows o Mac, please?

Mac book Air running Elements 9.5

I run the same cubase on a windows machine and that does play up a bit, particularly
with using Halcion and prologue, sometimes it not record and other will not play back, though this is more a Cubase problem than the UMC22.

Hi,

Make sure Cubase has enabled Mic in the System Preferences, please.
Open macOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Microphone. Enable Cubase here.

Hi Martin

Thanks for the help but it is still sulking.

Alan

Hi Martin

Just to let you know I went into Studio setup - control panel in Cubase and enabled the USB Codec from there and it is now showing up in the inputs of the Audio connections and studio setup. usb in case anyone else gets the same issue.

Cheers

Alan

Hi,

Do you mean the Studio > Studio Setup > Audio System > ASIO Driver, choose your Audio Device (Behringer UMC22, in your case)? This is the way, how to choose, which Audio Device you are going to use in Cubase.

Hi Martin

No it was control panel, the input from the UMC22 wasn’t ticked for some reason all worked fine after that.
Alan