CUBASE LE OR CUBASE AI?

Hello.
I bought a KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 INTERFACE and a YAMAHA MOXF SYNTH. The KOMPLETE came with a license to download CUBASE LE AI Elements 9,which i installed. The MOXF includes a license to download CUBASE AI which i did not install.
My question is which version is better?. I´ve tried to use my MOXF with CUBASE LE AI Elements 9 and didn’t work. Is that because i should install the CUBASE included with the MOXF and uninstall the one i´m using now?
Thank you very much in advance!

Hi and welcome,

These versions are almost identical. AI is bundled with Yamaha and Steinberg hw, LE is bundled with other OEM partners. Actually the application is the same, just the license is different.

You should be able to use your Cubase with any device. What exactly doesn’t work?

Thank you very much for your reply!. My problem was trying to use my MOXF as a VST EXTERNAL INSTRUMENT.
I uninstalled my CUBASE LE AI Elements 9 and installed the CUBASE AI, which was included with my MOFX8. This solved the problem. For reasons that i don´t know, in the other version i was unable to activate the VST INSTRUMENTS option in the menu. Plus, i was unable to reactivate the plug in for the MOXF, that was blacklisted. Now everything is OK.
Again, thank you for your reply.

Cubase.AI Has slightly more functionality than Cubase LE

Mainly the “AI” (Advanced Integration) for Yamaha/Steinberg Devices.

Some of the main differences between LE and AI:

LE: Supports up to 24 MIDI, 8 instrument, 16 audio tracks and 8 physical inputs. 18 Steinberg effects included.

AI: Supports up to 48 MIDI, 16 instrument, 32 audio tracks, 16 physical inputs. 28 Steinberg effects included.

I would say AI is much more functional than LE.

I wouldn’t say “much more”, but a few or some. :wink: