Cubase LE upgrade to Cubase 12 Pro

I have purchased the upgrade from Cubase LE to Cubase Pro 12.
As it is Cubase LE I don’t have a USB-eLicenser, just software one.

They ask me to pass the license from the software to a usb dongle that I don’t have.
Wasn’t the advantage of Cubase 12 supposed to be that it would no longer require a usb dongle?
Now Cubase Pro 12 is activated but appears to me as pending verification in Steinberg Activation Manager.

Is there any solution without the famous usb-dongle?

Thanx.

I am having the same issue when trying to upgrade from Elements 10.5 to Artist 12.

And that makes 3 of us. And counting.

BTW I did send email to support about this issue yesterday have not heard anything yet.

I attempted to connect to support via chat. Waited for over an hour during operational hours and no one responded to my message : (

I’m collating these case for a discussion with my colleagues. As soon as I hear back I’ll let you know.

2 Likes

I have the same problem.

The same issue here when I tried to upgrade from Elements 11 to Artist 12.

I have the same exact issue, upgraded from Elements 11 to Artist 12. When purchasing the upgrade it was never stated that I’d be needing the USB eLicenser to do so. Waiting for a fast fix for this, because the reason I finally bought the Artist version is that I didn’t need the dongle.

We are working on a solution that won’t require the dongle for the update. More information will follow in the next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

Hello, any news about Cubase LE activation without USB dongle?

Greetings.

We’re still working on it!

I Have less than a week left on my pending license. Please provide further information or a solution on this at your earliest convenience!

I Have less than a week left on my pending license. Please provide further information or a solution on this at your earliest convenience!

Ok. Apologies for the inconvenience. I will contact all of you one by one and provide you with new DACs to get you running on Cubase 12.

same here downloaded and paid for Cubase elements 11 AI upgrade TO 12 .been tearing my hair out for 6 days and still no resolution. Cannot even access my support tickets? Must have changed my password about 50 times.

Will you contact all users with update problem? I have only 3 days left :frowning:

Hi,
I have the same problem. Upgrading from CUBASE 10.5 AI to Cubase 12 PRO, which is not working already because of this license mistake. It means that I´m loosing quite a big amount of money. PLEASE SOLVE IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

By the way, all notice e-mails about my license went to spam, you should post it even sooner to the software, not just three days beforehand.

@wwoland @Matej_Strunc I have sent you a PM!

1 Like

Could you please send me a PM, too. Me license will expire in a day.

@Dennis_Warrimont Absolutely!