Cubase load time vastly improved

Old Athlon 8 core FX8350 used to be painfully slow to load Cubase (1-2 mins). Now zips through everything in seconds. Has easily cut load time to a 10th of what it was! Hopefully whatever CPU multi core optimisations Steinberg have clearly done are good news for overall performance too.

4 Likes

It does load indeed a bit faster than C11. although for me it is more like 5 seconds (down to ~15 from 20 or so)

Agree that it loads faster, but the difference was not night and day for me.

1 Like

Hmm, I did some real measurements with a stopwatch, and the difference seems negligible. Maybe one second.
But CPU usage on projects seems to really have been reduced a lot compared to C11. I was really surprised.

You sure it’s loading all your plugs? Maybe some folders missing?

I suspect its more of a reflection of solving something wrong with my system previously causing very long load time, rather than causing an overall improvement for everyone then. Whatever has changed in the cubase code seems to solve a problem for my processor in particular (old athlon that always kinda dissapointed performance wise). Kinda like taking a stone out your shoe after a long walk :slight_smile: Maybe just catching up to where you guys have been all along :slight_smile:

Just timed - 13secs and all plugins correct and present (obviously on initial scan of plugins folder it takes 3-4 mins but thats a one off). Previously my standard load time was at least a couple of mins. Weird. Who knows whats happened but I like it…

Cool! Nice when something like that happens unexpectedly! :+1:

Yes noticed the speed upo in download times

I’m on this:

Device name	Music-PC (Fanless)
Processor	Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM	32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)

System type	64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch	No pen or touch input is available for this display
All SSD

Start-up is noticeably quicker to me on Artist 12, it’s about 7 seconds to get to the hub and then about 4 seconds to get into a small project (8 audio tracks, 3 instruments, 3 plug-ins a track).