I’m experiencing exactly the same things each person has described. It takes ~5 minutes and I get about 5,000 of these messages every 30 seconds.
9/28/16 8:11:42.829 AM Cubase 8.5: assertion failed: 15G1004: libxpc.dylib + 22551 [54D1328E-054E-3DAA-89E2-375722F9D18F]: 0x13
According to the activity monitor I still have plenty of CPU and RAM available. I also tried using my Thunderbolt Zoom TAC-2R and the built-in audio and get exactly the same result.
It’s starting to look like this is graphics related because I get this message as well.
9/28/16 8:11:43.826 AM WindowServer: disable_update_timeout: UI updates were forcibly disabled by application "Cubase" for over 1.00 seconds. Server has re-enabled them.
It makes sense that it’s not the audio drivers because all 3 have the same result plus we know how good RME usually is. Right now I’m guessing it’s one of two things.
- Possibly started happening after I started to occasionally use a second 2560 x 1080 monitor.
- Maybe the programmers added code to take advantage of the GPU power and it’s not working correctly. This is a well known technique that has been used in audio… it’s actually how UAD started processing audio initially before their dedicated cards.
Lastly, the playhead is constantly jumpy… meaning it jumps a few millimeters at a time rather than move smoothly as it should. Another indication that it might be GUI related.