Cubase media bay not looping properly

Im sure this is me at our end thats the issue, but when i preview a loop in media bay it seems to loop only a section of the entire sample? is there something that will enable me to preview the entire loop, for example a 4 bar loop, media bay loops bar 2 only?

Have you set any region too cycle? Look in to that.

My problem is that the loop doesnt tempo sync.
If I start cubase with asio guard on it does not sync, if I turn it off it syncs.
If I start cubase with asio guard off, it does not sync, if i turn it on it syncs.

Just by makin the switch, it tempo sync perfectly again. Seems rather strange. My soundcard is a Steinberg ur22.

Hi Chris, I’ve got exactly the same problem, but it only happens in one of my projects, the rest is fine. Very annoying bug. I’d also be grateful if someone could help to fix it :unamused:

ThX, Jakub

I occasionally experience this issue. When it starts happening I just close and re-open Cubase and it fixes it.

Unfortunately, not working for me (I’m still on cubase 7.5 btw).

I’ve had some issues like this in the past, here are a few things to look at. I’ve used these in Cubase 8 and older versions.

• check to see if the sample rate of the loops matches your project sample rate, this becomes an issue if the sample meta data or file name is not enough for mediabay to figure out temp, bars, beats, etc… You can edit the mediabay properties to fix this.

• right click the loop file (or files) and select “check tempo”, (note: this takes a long of time to process if you select a lot of files, like a library, you’ll know it’s done when the files are not highlighted anymore)

• if you have an odd time signature in your project and the “sync to project” button on mediabay will compensate based on the signature of your loop

Hope this helps.

Anyone solved this question, please? All of a sudden Media Bay will not play the whole sample preview as it always did. I have no clue what happened.

Yes. It is buggy still (but almost usable) so you just need to reselect Studio SE Kit and then it recovers.
I tried every preset and there is some hang happening. Options to 24 bit seems to help a little.
I had to go back to Studio kit like 10 times. Animating every envelope while playing back samples is total unnecessary nonsense and probably destroys the GA SE5 engine which needs to decide which envelope to show when two or more are played at the same instant. And I was not able to open old preset which is visible in save as list. There is no way to load that old preset back until I find the way. But basically it feels like it could work at least enough to learn which kits have usable samples. Groove agent sounds are very good for practically free product. The kick drum should be easily high pass filtered but now it is not having nearly as good EQ as standard track EQ is which is great. Maybe it can be routed to dedicated output.