Cubase needs a wet/dry knob for any insert plug in

I use AUD-1 plugs for instance , and the LA2A doesn’t have a wet/dry control within the plugin ( waves LA2A , and IK Multimedia does ) , but anyway , besides that specific plug in , for amy plug , reverb … I wish Cubase had a wet dry fader knob available when you open the plug in ( where the bypass , sidechain button ,and presets are )

That way every plug in now has super easy parallel compression without having to add fx track + send it it bla bla bla . Also reverbs can be mixed to taste . also echos, amp simulators …

who’s with me here ?

So:

You want Cubase to go against the history of how mixers are set up?

The FX tracks/sends are set up to allow more than one channel to use that effect while adjusting wet/dry mix. This is set up like a hardware mixing console.

Also considering resource tie ups:
For every insert effect, unless the setting was set to full wet, you’d have to process the signal twice.
Waste of resources.

So I’m not with you.

I can see it coming in handy occasionally, but really, it is not exactly difficult to run a send. If it existed, I would use it.

Reaper has this function and yes, it is quite handy.

How in the world would a reverb ever be an insert effect as opposed to send?

If you wanted individual instruments to have their own reverb settings.
However, it’s going to make it sound like each instrument is in its own room.

That’s the point of the send levels.

That wasn’t much of an argument, was it? :confused:

You can get very interesting reverb effects running them as inserts instead. Very short delay times/small room sizes and wet only get some kind of claustrophobic effect that’s hard or impossible if you have the direct sound in there as well. And it’s just a beginning. For emulating your general large space the standard send->fx channel is of course the preferred method.

Cant blame a guy for thinking outside the box… after all, this is a virtual environment based on the physical… Interesting suggestion, most of us would use sends, but to me it could be handy in some scenarios.