Cubase not responding/freezing

I have problem with cubase elements 9 not responding. It takes ages to load and when it does its still not responding. I have updated to latest version and installed new drivers. Even tried unnistalling but still doesnt work. Any ideas what to do?

Hi and welcome,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Or try to (backup and…) trash Cubase preferences (maybe even older Cubase versions preferences, if you have any) folder, please.

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64

Thanks for reply,

I tried disaple preferences, didnt work.
Also tried trashing preferences, didnt work.
Just went straight to cubase not responding. It always freezes during initializing.

Hi,

Are you on Mac or Windows, please?

Hi again,

Im using Windows 10.

Hi,

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Once Cubase becomes frozen, open the Task Manager, right-click to Cubase and click to Generate DMP file.

If this doesn’t work, use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 11:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase11

Nuendo 11:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo10

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Hello

Created DMP file and uploaded it to dropbox. Heres the link.

Hi,

It looks, MediaBay has difficulties with adding / registering the path, while scanning.

Are you sure, you have tried with completely fresh preferences, please? I would especially try to delete the MediaBay preferences files.

You could also try to reinstall Cubase from the Full Installer, make sure, you install it as administrator.

Make sure you:

• Download the Full Installer.
  • Unpack the ZIP file and install from the unzipped folder.
  • Install from the setup.exe.
  • Install as administrator.
  • Install to the system (C:) drive.

Hello

I tried that. I completely freshed preferences, then reinstalled cubase from the full installer as administrator. Didnt work.
Now I even bought cubase 11 and installed it. Still theres the same problem. I mean I have managed to open the program few times after like 60min of waiting. This cant be normal right?

Hi,

Could you share a link to the Cubase 11 DMP file, please?

Hello again

Here the link to cubase 11 DMP file. I can get cubase 11 to load but it takes about 1 hour. Works fine after that tho. Also always crashes if I change project. This is really frustrating… It says protected object server (32bit) when its not responding. Is it possible it has something to do with eLicenser?

Hi,

You are right. It has something to do with the eLicenser. Please call the official Steinberg support.

Hi Henri,

I have what I think is a similar issue. I generally find it loads OK after I reboot my PC but cannot pin down the actual cause.

Wondered if you contacted steinberg support. Was it the eLicenser and did they resolve your issue? How may be useful as well.

Thanks

Steve