Cubase not working? Refund?

I got Cubase Pro 10 in June as a birthday present and I was very excited to use it. When I got my licenser and installed it, nothing worked. Every sound was missing and I was getting no sound when I used my own VSTis. I looked up several videos on how to fix these issues and even got help from other people but nothing worked. I’ve tried contacting Steinberg since I downloaded it but I have been getting no response and I would really just like a refund at this point as I haven’t been able to use it at all.

I don’t know what you mean “nothing worked.” I think every Cubase user has had problems of one kind or another and about 99 per cent of them can be solved to a good degree. Cubase isn’t “perfect” but it’s a very powerful DAW and a tremendous value for the money.

If you want help from the forums put some system information in your signature – Computer spec. audio interface, monitors.

I’m sorry you’re having problems and I don’t know the exact refund policy. You may be able to sell your license – I don’t know how all that works. Steinberg support or someone on the forums will know the answer to that.

Good luck and I hope you’re able to work out what’s happening.

If nothing works and you get no sound from any VSTi’s or audio then it is most likely that you need to set up your output routing correctly.