Cubase Pro 10.0.20 won't save system preferences

I just downloaded Cubase Pro 10.0.20 yesterday (first installation of version 10 on my computer) and when I tried to edit the settings like I used to in Cubase 9 and 9.5, I saved them into a preset (also made a Profile), but when I quit Cubase and relaunch it, the preferences are back to their default state and the preset is non-existent (unlike the Profile which is still there and selected). This DID NOT occur in the studio setup however.

I’m running it on a boot camp drive of Windows 10 Pro 1803 (up-to-date).

Is anyone else having this issue?

Hi,

If I remember right, especially when you are making a color settings preferences, don’t save it as a preset. Just Quit Cubase and Restart. Now the preset should be applied and remembered. Now you can event save the Profile.

Btw, before you save a Profile, you should always restart Cubase. While Quit Cubase, ale the Cubase settings data are written to the files, which is the Profile using as a source to create the Profile file. So the process is:

• Make a settings.
  • Quit Cubase.
  • Start Cubase.
  • Open Profiles and create a profile.

Hi Martin,

I tried your method and it worked. I had noticed that last time I tried changing the settings, I didn’t try to save them as a preset, and when I came back now to try your method, those settings were as I had left them. So it seems that trying to save the settings as a preset was what caused the problem to begin with (seems very counter-intuitive).

Thanks for the help!

Been experieencing this myself today, wondering why the heck user color changes were not recalling on restarting. Will try this workaround tomorrow. That’s pretty quirky and counterintuitive, never had this with 8.5 and earlier.

This problem of losing settings still exists in C 10.5.12!

This is unexpected behaviour, and should be fixed!
I mean, when you are making changes in the preferences and saving them as a preset, you’d expect them to be stored there in the preset! So next time you open Cubase and go to preferences and activate the preset you’ve made last time, the settings revert to an earlier state. Especially the color settings seems to get lost every time! :frowning:

I’m having the same issue, not only with the color preferences but suddenly all my preferences were lost. When I try to recall my preset nothing happens, cubase does nothing. This has happened a lot. Does anyone have a solution for that?

Hi,

It seems the preferences folder has been deleted for some reason. I’m afraid, there is no way back.

Once you will recreate your preferences, I would recommend to save the Profile of your Cubase, to backup the preferences.