Cubase Pro 10.5 installation

Hi

I just need a bit of help in getting set up.

I’ve received my activation code and I’m waiting for delivery of my first usb elicenser, which should hopefully arrive this week, so I haven’t downloaded the program yet.

First off, does the activation code have a time limit?

I’m looking to be able to use Cubase on both my pc & laptop, support has said that to be able to use Cubase on 2 pcs I need to download using Steinberg download assistant.

But how can I download using the download assistant? When the download option I have is in my web browser?

Also is there a step by step guide that I can use to get the elicenser & Cubase set up so I can use Cubase on both my laptop and pc?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Steve

Still need help,

This post has only just been posted as it was my first post and was waiting for approval.

The activation code does not have a time limit.

You don’t need to download on both computers. You can copy the installation files from one to the other.

You need to install the Download Assistant before you can use it …

Install Cubase and eLicenser Control Center on both computers. Plug the USB-eLicenser into whichever computer you want to use.

The eLCC is where you enter your activation code. This only needs to be done one time (not on both computers).

Great name, thanks a lot for replying.

My elicenser is due to arrive tomorrow, fingers crossed.
I’ll be looking to get everything set up over the next couple of days.

I’ll let you know how I get on.

Thanks a lot for your help :blush:

Cheers
Steve

You’re welcome. I hope things go smoothly. If not, I’m sure you can find the help you need here.

Hopefully there’s no problems, that’s very reassuring to know.

It looks like a great bit of software, I can’t wait to get going. with it.

Thanks again

Cheers
Steve

Ok, I’m just about to install cubase and wondered if it needs to be registered to both computers?

Or is it just the elicenser that needs to be registered?

Cheers
Steve

enter your activation code in the elicenser software while your dongle is plugged in. Once added it will appear on the right in the licences window. From there, you just need to ensure your dongle is plugged into whatever computer is running cubase. You could install it on 10 computers if you want but it will only work if the USB elicenser is plugged in.