Cubase Pro 10 "poofing"

Hey everyone. Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing this? I’m pretty bummed out to be honest. Spent a few days re-installing. Everything is fresh, latest drivers, everything installed correctly. Yet if I leave Cubase unattended for any amount of time, it just disappears. I come back and I’m back at the desktop. Luckily I’ve set my auto-save interval to 3 minutes so I’m managing to catch almost everything but it’s really not a good look. Sucks because I’m just starting to enjoy Cubase again after an extended period of using Reason extensively, but I feel like I’m on shaky ground here.

HP Envy J130EA, i7 4700MQ, 12GB. Steinberg UR44. Windows 10 with latest updates. Brand new eLicenser. What could be causing this?

*Managed to pull this from the event viewer. I think it coincides with the “poof”.

Faulting application name: Cubase10.exe, version: 10.0.10.100, time stamp: 0x5c0fd9e3
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.17134.319, time stamp: 0x40b70dec
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006e57e
Faulting process id: 0x2ff4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4ab825c2bd64f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 10\Cubase10.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: ab9a9963-dcaa-45dc-afc2-ca3f8f8ac6e1
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Sounds just like Cubase 10. 9.5 is excellent. use that.

Yea classic Cubase 10 behaviour. As Peppa said, 9.5 works great.

Well at least it’s not just me. Pretty shocking though. The only reference to this crash I’ve found online relates to running applications with elevated privileges so I guess I’ll try that and see what happens and then hope for a more stable version in the near future.

Nope. Tried launching as an admin. No difference. Support ticket time!

I wouldn’t hold your breath with Steiberg support as I feel it’s just a waste of time … ‘support’ LOL. Anyway rant over and back to yours, If I had this prob’ I would look at the OS system’s event list accessed by WIN/EVENTS and then looking what the o/s is doing, it may be shutting Cubase down as a procedure and you haven’t noticed it before. I’ve been on ten with loadsa probs but this sounds like a new one … B4 you contact the time wasters get a hold of HP support I think they will help you more …Good luck