Cubase Pro 11 activation issue

I’m attempting to activate an update from Cubase Pro 10.5 to Cubase Pro 11 but I keep receiving a message saying “the currently installed version of the eLicenser Control software is too old. Please try again after downloading and installing the latest version of the Control software from www.elicenser.net.”

I’m running the latest version of the eLicenser Control software so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong here.

Thanks!

I’m also getting this error message:

Hi,

Make sure, you enter an Activation Code, not Download Access Code, please.

Also make sure, you own Cubase Pro 10.5 license (not 10) and you bought an update from Cubase Pro 10.5, not 10.

Hi Kingy75.
Like Martin said, make sure you use Activation Code and not Download Code and you have correct version.
Another thing to look for is make sure you are in your USB eLicencer tab and you have your Cubase licence selected.
The tool won’t recognise on it’s own what product you are trying to update.

And from looking at your second screen shot… Do you have your USB eLicencer plugged in?

Hi,

I’m definitely using an Activation Code generated by the Steinberg Download Hub:

I’m definitely updating from Cubase Pro 10.5 to Cubase Pro 11.

That’s the thing - yes my USB eLicenser is plugged in.

Actually there’s a Cubase 11 licence on there, I missed this! Do I now just need to download the files shown here?

I have removed the screenshots showing the unused activation code before it is used by someone else.

As soon as the Download Access Code is redeemed, you can see the product in the “Redeemed products” category. However, this has nothing to do with the license activation.
The license activation does not work as the USB-eLicenser you have in the screenshot holds a Cubase Pro 11 license since November 2020. The license should be listed in the eLicenser Control Center. This is why you cannot select a USB-eLicenser and a license to be upgraded.

In your case, I can only suggest to cancel the order to get a refund.

1 Like

Thanks Ed.

Have you ordered via the Steinberg online shop? In that case, please let me know the order number etc. via PM. I’ll take care of it then.

Yep I did. I will, thanks Ed.