Cubase Pro 11 does not release audio driver

But the Release Driver feature isn’t even required now, except when using the obsolete Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver.
Those were things for when multi-client did not exist, that is, before 2010 or so. Just read the posts 3 and 4 by @alin89c and @fese.
Without Release Driver there’s no issue with the latest driver, and that’s a fact.
I don’t know better than everyone, I simply know.

My post was simply meant to help users get rid of the problem once and for all, but if for some reason you prefer to keep struggling with buggy obsolete features that may break at anytime when updating the driver, then it’s up to you.

Just take a look at the UR category in this forum and see how many people are actually struggling with this. Almost 1 topic out of 5 is about the user not being able hear audio from other programs while Cubase is running, and various associated issues, and guess what ? Obviously, they all have Release Driver enabled and have no idea how to properly configure the computer. And this is without the version 2.1.1.

Anyway, since then I have made a complete guide on how - and why - to make the right settings, and it has successfully helped many people. It explains everything, including the issue with v2.1.1, so you can’t say I’m not aware of it.

1 Like