Cubase Pro 11 Education

Hi, has anyone bought the retail box of the above? I have and it states on the front free upgrade to latest version. This leads me to believe that I have been given a lower version but paid for 11.

Can anyone advise help as to what the box looks like?

Many thanks

You will get the latest version on the day you register. This has been steinbergs policy for as long as anybody can remember (at least 6 months :slight_smile: )

So don’t worry you’ll get 11

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply! I was worried I had been charged more for a lower version. I am assuming the usb stick will be inside the box as it is a retail version?

The retailer have said I can have 10.5 and a part refund because of the promotional free upgrade to 11. Is it easy to upgrade from 10.5 or would I be better sticking with 11,? There is £100 difference.

Also, is it easy to register? It is a Christmas present and I want to make sure there are no glitches.

Thank you so much for your help!

Well - I’m not sure how the Education thing works, so I’m going to take it on faith that the lucky Christmas recipient is eligible :slight_smile:

I’m guessing the USB stick will be included but maybe you should check.

Assuming it hasn’t already been registered - and if the retailer is legit then it won’t have been…you will get the latest version when you activate the licence. That allows you to run any version UP TO v11.

Registering is very simple :slight_smile:

Just install version 11 - no reason to go to 10.5 or 10

Just so I’ve got it right, if I get my refund and get 10.5, I then just register it as 11? Sorry never done it before! Yes the recipient is eligible.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions, very much appreciated!

It’s easier than that…when you register it, Steinberg will just give you the latest one.

strictly speaking it’s ‘activating’ it rather than registering.

So:

1. Check you are geting a dongle (elicencer)
  2. Check it hasn’t been pre-activated (no reason it should have been)
  3. merry Christmas or whatever winter festival you prefer :slight_smile:

and get the lucky recipient to register here - if they are new to Cubase there is a wealth of experience who are happy to help

Thank you so much for your help and advice, it is very much appreciated!

Merry Christmas/Winter Festival! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like