Cubase Pro 12.0.30 Maintenance Update Installation Problem

When attempting to install the 12.0.30 Maintenance Update via Download Manager, the installation stalls when attempting to incorporate Cubase Pro 12 (required).
Error messages include such statements as, "“Cubase 12 set-up failed. Another installation is already in progress… Complete that installation before proceeding with the install. (Error Code: 1618)”
Additional messages include: “The installation cannot be started. Cubase Pro 12.0.30 application required. Please check the download directory specified for this project or download the project again.”
When I check the target folder, there appears to be no file contained within it. In addition, when I repeat the download process, the same things happen once again.
As a last resort, I have attempted to remove Cubase 12 via Control Panel (add/remove programs), but even when attempting to do that, I receive the message, "Another program is being installed. Please wait until that installation is complete, then try installing the software again.
However, this message remains a constant, even when rolling back the system via System Restore.
Having applied Maintenance Updates many times in the past, I am unclear as to what is causing this particular problem.
I am running Windows 11 on a 64-bit PC and wonder if perhaps this is the culprit, but would be most grateful for any advice as to how I might successfully apply the 12.0.30 Maintenance Update.
(I have already spent a full day attempting various possibilities.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Make sure, your Cubase 12 is installed on the system C drive in the default location.

I would also recommend to download the installer and then install it manually as administrator in this case.

Sounds like the windows install service (msiexec.exe) is stuck/busy. I would restart the machine twice in a row to ensure any pending restart flags are cleared.

Beyond that it could be items stuck in the installer queue, which you can clear via the registry keys in:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InProgress
and
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations

If you check to see if those entries appear in regedit would give you an indication. (If you know what you’re doing of course).

As a quick fix you could “end task” on msiexec.exe within task manager and see if that allows you to install/uninstall too.

One other note: Are you running any kind of third party tools which scan your machine and clean the operating system? It’s generally wise to avoid those as they can prevent installer tasks from closing out completely.

1 Like