Cubase Pro 12.0.52 Freeze and Not Responding

Hello Guys

I have a problem with my Cubase Pro 12. Every work on each project, Cubase Suddenly not responding and hang in the middle record and play the project. At the time Close or Exit the project, Cubase can’t do it perfectly because previously did not respond at all. So the only way I use Windows Task Manager to Force close it. I attach the log file for detail report. do you have the same experience and how to solve it?

Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Intell i7-2600, Asus P8P67, GTX-750Ti,DDR3-32Gb, Steinberg UR-44.

Regrads

Ridwan.

Cubase 12.0.52.393 64bit 2023.1.12 10.44.41.976-freezedump.dmp (1.4 MB)

Hi,

Enable Win RT in the Studio > Studio Setup > MIDI Ports setup, please.

The crash is in the MIDI Port related to the old Windows MIDI driver.

Hi Martin

Thank you for the respond and solution. I have been Enable Win RT Now.
I will inform you if any problem.

Regards

Ridwan.

1 Like

Hi Martin

After Enable Win RT, My Usb Midi Controller (Korg Kronos, Korg Nano Kontrol 2, Korg Nano Pad 2, and Korg Nano Key 2) not detected in cubase midi port. so i can’t use that midi controller. Is there any solution for this?

Regards

Ridwan

Hi,

Could you try to restart to computer?

Make sure, you are using the latest Korg drivers. Ask Korg, if their driver is WinRT compatible, please.

Hi Martin,

I have restarted my PC several times, the result is still the same. For the Korg driver, does it support WinRT, I’m currently asking Korg Usa via email and waiting for their response.

Regards
Ridwan.

1 Like

Hi Martin

Here is respond of Korg Usa:

Natasha (Korg USA)
Jan 18, 2023, 11:15 AM EST
Hello Ridwan,

Thank you for contacting Korg USA Product Support.

Please check the Korg OS Compatibility Chart for Win, available at the link below, to see if there are any concerns using your Korg keyboard / controller with the operating system you are running on your computer.

Even if your operating systems shows as being “under examination”, please try the troubleshooting steps below to see if this helps resolve your connectivity issue.

Please make sure you are using the most recent KORG MIDI Driver from the link below.

It might be possible that the driver is seen as being “unknown” in Device Manager.

While the Korg keyboard / controller is connected to the computer, go into Device Manager on your computer and you might see “unknown” device under the Sound, video and game controllers section. This is the Korg MIDI driver. Then right click on the “unknown” device and select “Update Driver Software…” Click on “Browse my computer for driver software”, locate the Korg MIDI driver file, select and click on Next. If you don’t know the location of the Korg MIDI driver file, please download the file again from the Korg site, unzip it and save it to a location you can find…i.e. desktop.

Or

Delete the “unknown” device file and restart your computer. Then download, unzip and install the Korg MIDI file while the Korg keyboard / controller is not connected to the computer.

You also might have exceeded your 10 driver limit. If so, please try the steps below.

Disconnect the Korg keyboard / controller, then navigate to your main hard drive (usually C:), open the Program Files (x86) folder, then the KORG folder, then the Korg USB MIDI driver folder. There you should find UnInstDrv.exe. Please run this, click “Next,” and you should see a list of MIDI entries that can be uninstalled. Check every one of the ones that mentions your Korg keyboard / controller, then click “Next” again. Click “OK” to confirm.

Then, go to the Start menu, type “regedit”, and press Enter.
Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE, then Microsoft, then Windows NT, then Drivers32.
You should see midi1, midi2, midi3, etc. Please delete all these entries.

Next, reconnect the Korg keyboard / controller, and run the “Install KORG USB-MIDI Device” utility to install the driver again.

Please see the link below for additional information.

Please also check the “Advanced” settings of the Korg USB MIDI driver and make sure it is set to Both as seen below.
Korg

You can also try installing a previous version of the USB MIDI driver by clicking on “Click here for previous versions” just below the link to the current software version to see if that will work.

If you are using a USB hub or USB MIDI interface, please connect the Korg keyboard / controller directly into the computer to see if this corrects the issue.

Lastly, please try using a different USB cable, different USB port on your currently computer or try a different computer to see if you can get the computer to recognize the Korg keyboard / controller.

Thank you and best regards,

KORG USA Inc.
www.korgusa.com

I have try their suggestion but the result still the same.

Hi,

Sorry, I haven’t find a clear answer, if the driver is WinRT compatible.

Hi Martin.

Based on their link, the latest usb midi driver release on 22-9-2022 Ver 1.15.r49e no description explanation of supporting Win-RT in the update. and at the os compability charts : For Korg Nano Kontrol 2, Korg Nano Pad 2, Korg Nano Key 2 and Korg Kronos, the status are under examination on the Windows 10 Ver 22H2.

I have been follow their solve instruction, but still the same problem.

Regards

Ridwan.