Cubase Pro 12 & Mojave?

I would like to know if Cubase 12 will work with mac os mojave (10.14).
Thanks.

Hi,

I wouldn’t expect so. Cubase always supports the current system and one system back at the moment of release. This would mean macOS 12 and macOS 11 would be supported, if Steinberg sticks with this rule.

Dear @Matthias_Quellmann
Dear @dspreadbury

Could you reply to this question?

I am still in Mojave because several apps I use very often cannot be installed in higher mac os versions.

Depending on the compatibility of Cubase 12, I will take some decissions.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Daniel Spreadbury is Dorico expert, he has nothing to do with Cubase. :wink:

And you can trust @Martin.Jirsak. He is an Cubase expert. Cubase 12 will be officially tested on Monterey and Big Sur.

Thank you.

Hello! do you know if it is possible to have a cubase 12 pro license installed on a desktop and as a second installation put version 11?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Yes, this is possible, if you update your license from lower Cubase version to Cubase 12. In this case, you would get Cubase 11 (not upgradable) license to the USB-eLicenser + Cubase 12 Pro license to the new licensing system.

Then you can install and run both of them.

I upgraded from 11 to 12 pro on my MacPro (mid 2010) Mojave w/128gb ram & 12 works. At the time, I had no idea of 12’s requirements (Big Sur/Monterey). I assumed that 12 had the same requirements as 11 has. I bought the ,‘upgrade’ & installed it unknowingly, and it installed like a charm.

Everything works (Recording/vsti’s). I have two
audio cards for a total of 16 analog inputs &
spdif input for a total of 18 inputs. No issues
so far🙏

I have yet to record anything ‘heavy’ as of yet,
so I am not sure Mojave’s shortcomings, albeit
if there are any(?).

I’d like to know if anyone is running into issues
using Mojave 10.14.6 (5.1) MacPro ~ cheers🙂

my Mac has a tweak or two

1 Like

Do you think it worked because your Mac Pro is 5.1…? I have a mac mini 2018 intel chip 10.14.5.

I believe so John. That has to be the reason why.

Thanks!! it is working… :slight_smile:

1 Like

"Another Happy Camper :+1:t3: "

1 Like