Cubase Pro 8.0.0 Bugs I have found so far.

I have made the same observation.

:ugeek:

I’m hoping these clues will help the programming team at Steinberg. Again, I don’t know if its the reason, all I can do is report what I’ve done and what I’ve encountered and when.

I guess it depends on the update/installation process. In some cases the cubase preferences won’t be updated clearly. So have you tried the safe start mode?

“we have listened to our customers and the Save option is slated for the paid update 8.5. Many customers are excited about this upcoming feature. Until then, please use the confirmed workaround of writing all notes and settings down on paper using a pencil.”

(joke)

by safe start, you mean start windows in safe mode and then open cubase? If so then what? Test each problem to see if they reoccur?

He already linked you to the knowledgebase safe start mode instructions in a previous post. It’s a Cubase option, not windows.

Tried it.

All seems to work well with a new/blank project. However opening up an existing project after removing the preferences still has the same issues. Key Editor won’t open when clicking on the MIDI track (most of the time), and renaming the track doesn’t work.

Same here.
I couldn’t find exactly when it happens, but once you’re project is “bugged” there’s nothing you can do.
I noticed that if you export the track archive to a new project it fixes the problem (for a while anyway), but that’s not the solution for this thing, it’s very annoying.
You can’t double-click anything, not even fader gain numbers.

Microsft are officially pulling standard support for Win7 on February 13th 2015, obviously they want every one to jump to Win10, though they say they will still continue with “extended” support on win7 for a while. I think by extended support they mean SP1 although they have stated there will be no further SP’s for Win7. Obviously they want every one to jump to Win 10 to get the tills ringing in the new year.

I’m still getting updates for XP. they just don’t make a special effort to make specific updates for XP, but if they are a general update for Windows then they show up for XP as well…

I’m running Win 7 Pro SP1 64 bit, and and have no plans to upgrade and neither do many others in the music industry until Microsoft optimizes its OS. Windows 8 was a well known disaster. I can’t speak to Win 8.1, but Win 7 / Windows 2008 R2 will be the mainstream stable platform of most PC users and Microsoft is aware of that and they don’t want to further erode their market share.

That being said, Steinberg and others will support the lions share of OS systems if they wish to sell upgrades and expand their markets, and Win 7 is the mainstream for Audio. In 5 years it probably will not be, but in 2015, it is.

im having major problems with the Ni stuff also.

Guitar rig is killing cubase cpu monitor thing, if you hit HI mode it some times crashes & holts.

how do we get the Ni stuff compatible ? I own the full series. the other plugs are playing havoc also.

the eq’s & compressors are a little funny in the new cubase.