Cubase Pro 8.0.20 on Windows 10

I know it’s not officially supported but I gave it a try on a new Windows 10 Pro x64 build.

Windows 10 is supper fast and loads from boot to OS in 3 seconds with a Samsung 850 Pro ssd. I loaded only Cubase Pro 8 x64 with no 3rd party plugins. I created a new project and recorded 20 tracks of drums, with 3 guitar and 1 bass track. I went on to record a few midi tracks with patches from HaIion Sonic. I saved this project and was able to close it and open it multiple times without issue.

The only issue is opening older projects recorded in Cubase Pro 8.0.20 and 7.5. When opening these projects from the same SSD drive a window opens (reading project file) 25 minutes. I waited and the project finally opened 40 minutes later. Hmmm. Maybe it was something in that project causing the issue but It has the same result opening all older projects.

I’m now back to Windows 8.1 pro x64

wow…that would be a biggy for most I reckon…wonder if jononotbono has this issue since he’s just upped to W10?
maybe he’ll see this and comment

I also have a Samsung 850 Pro SSD drive and have upgraded to Windows 10, clean install ,Cubase pro 8.0.20. I have no such issues with opening projects made on older OS (win8.1 and win7). My projects are on a second 2tb hard drive but I tried copying a project to the SSD drive to check if this was an issue but it was ok. Maybe worth checking your hard drive(s) for errors.

I rebuilt this Windows 10 machine 3 times on 3 different new Samsung 850 Pro SATA III, 1TB drives. Its the same issue on each Windows 10 installations.

Runs great here, Win10x64 and Cubase 8.0.20. The windows update from last week fixed the issue with the process priority for me. I’m using the latest RME driver.
But it could easily be a 3. Party plugin that is coursing issues.

I wiped the Samsung 850 Pro SSD drive that WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 and Cubase Pro 8.0.20 were on and did a fresh install of Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Cubase Pro 8.0.20 x64. I can open all older projects with zero delay.

Running C8pro on Win10 here on a Samsung 850 SSD. A few initial issues but all is well now, runs very well. Out of interest I loaded up an old C7.5 project off an external USB3 HDD… was very quick.

:sunglasses:

I was waiting for official compatibility but my computer upgraded automatically to Win10 while I was traveling so I decided to test it. Three days in and the only issue I had was with eLicencer but I updated it and it’s all good now. Started mixing a song yesterday and not a sigle issue so far. All smooth.

Ok folks. Issue is resolved with the Cubase Pro 8.0.30. Windows 10 and Cubase Pro is lightning fast on SSD. I have loaded all of my plugins and so far no issues.

I have seen this comment and will be back in my Music Lab Friday evening to try it out. :slight_smile:

Cubase 8.0.30 Pro is Running very well here (Windows 10 Pro 64 bits)