Cubase Pro 8.5 download not working. Corrupt, Network Error.

Cubase Pro 8.5 download not working. Corrupt, Network Error.

I went to MySteinberg and tried to download my 8.5 Pro update and it starts downloading and then has a network error. I checked my network and everything is fine. I tried again and got the same thing except this time it failed immediately instead of failing after 92% of the file was downloaded. I then went to a different Cubase Pro 8.5 download page and tried downloading from there. It downloaded and then Windows told me that the file was corrupt… I am not having any luck right now. Please help!

I ran into the same “corrupt file” problem downloading a Cubase 8.5 upgrade, but I figured out what was going wrong. By chance, are you downloading the file to a flash drive, or any other drive that is FAT32 formatted? I was trying to download the file at home, and then I was going to take it to my recording studio on a flash drive. But my home PC is running Windows XP Pro, and my flash drives are all formatted to FAT32. Downloads to my flash drive failed. Downloads to my hard drive resulted in “corrupted” files.

Drives that are FAT32 formatted cannot read files larger than 4GB. (Now I know why huge downloads, such as ISO files, are segmented into parts.) Anything larger than 4GB is deemed a corrupt or invalid file. I formatted one of my flash drives to NTFS, and was able to get the 10GB file on there without any fails or warnings.

I hope this helps.