cubase pro 8 installer keeps crashing !

Hello,
so I purchased cubase 7.5 full version, installed the DVD and worked just fine, it installs and launches with out any issues. so then got the cubase 8 grace upgrade and it updated my USB elicenser to version 8 and I downloaded the Cubase Pro 8 ZIP file (9GB) and tried installing 8 but as soon as I click the install button it crashes… any ideas ?

I even reformated windows and tried to install cubase 8 pro on a clean windows install and it still does the same thing

I have .net 4.5 and directx 11 already installed, again version 7.5 installs and works just fine but 8 wont !!!

by the way this is the error I get in event viewer when I try to install cubase 8… 7.5 installs perfectly fine but 8 is not installing at all:

Application: Setup.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Stack:
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
   at SetupBootstrapper.RunApp.startSetup()
   at SetupBootstrapper.RunApp..ctor(System.String, Boolean, System.String)
   at SetupBootstrapper.App.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at SetupBootstrapper.App.Main()

ok the issue is resolved, apparently you can’t install cubase 8 from any drive other than C:\ my installation file was on my E drive so by moving that to C drive and installing it from C drive to C drive it worked but installing from E to C wasn’t working … could be a bug or could be drive permissions or could be user permissions etc… but for now I’m up and running with cubase 8 pro… thanks to chris from cubase support for contacting me and noticing this.

Glad you got it sorted, but I just have to say Cubase can be installed from drives other than 'C:'.

I would put my money on ‘permissions’.

Absolutely, most likely it could be permissions that are set on the (E) drive. or could be ACLs or many other reasons that are specific do that (E) drive.