Cubase Pro 9.5.30 project loading issue

Cubase 9.5.30 pro is not compatible with any other cubase. Meaning CPR on 9.5.30 will work only on 9.5.30.

Hi and welcome,

Could you be more concrete, please? In which version did you try to open the project? Where was the project created originally? Is there anything specific in the project?

I’ve tried from cubase 9.5.30 Pro to Cubase 8.5.20
Also tried from cubase 9.5.30 pro to Cubase 9.5.30 Pro.
Both failed to load cpr. Using windows 10 1709.
It Looks like there is a bug in 9.5.30 Latest Version.
I’m sure i am not the only one with this problem.
Thanks Henry.

Hi,

Why (how) are you sure you are not the only one?

In the 1st post you wrote you could open project created in Cubase 9.5.30, again in C9.5.30. In the last comment you wrote you can’t. So…?

Could you share the project, please?

Could you try to start Cubase in Safe Start Mode, save the project, reopen the project (and then open it in C8.5.20)? Does this work (to saving in Safe Start Mode)?

Thanks Martin. I will try safe start mode and follow your instructions.
Since it worked fine with my previous c9.5.21 vers. I thought it’s a c9.5.30 problem.

I asked the Israeli steinberg agent about it and his answer was : C9.5.30 works only with c9.5.30. That is why I assumed I wasn’t the only one with this problem.

Hi,

Then it wouldn’t be bug in the application, but bad specification.

But it’s not true. Cubase is always tested to be backward compatible at least with one version. So the user must be able to open C9.5.x project at least in C9.0.x. Of course, the new features are not available in the C9.0.x in this case.

Look for example to this thread.