Cubase Pro 9.5 "Quicktime Cannot Be Initialized" Error On Video Import

That’s what I thought but none of the video dll’s are there. Anyway I have a call with Steinberg tomorrow morning to remote in and take a look.

Thanks so much for your help

Hi Guys,

I found the fix for my case. I had installed windows 10. I didn’t think that I also might have needed the media feature pack required by browers etc. to play videos. While trying to fix a Firefox video issue I found the basic Feature pack for my version of windows and an Upgrade for it. I loaded both and suddenly everything worked. Your test file came right in and loaded. It turns out in my case it was critical to have these packs and upgrades.

Lastly this also fixes the missing Video Player (F8) Issue I had at the same time and lets all the DLLs be found in the Programs plugin tab under studio.

Here’s the link to the various packages for future reference to anyone looking in on this error. Steinberg Germany is also opening a support ticket to also try to see why the quicktime error was being delivered in the first place when quicklime was not installed.

Wow. Kind of an esoteric error. Thanks for reporting.

have the same problem after i updated to 9.5.3