No Matter what I do I cannot do a video file import. I have reinstalled windows with updates and Cubase Pro versions 7 through 9.5. The newest version I can get to work is 9.0 Anything after that just gives me a “quicktime cannot be initialized error”. I have tried:
- Installing earlier versions of quicklime to make sure the QTTask.exe is running
- Removing everything on the PC except Cubase and quicktime
- No quicktime
- Special installer that supposedly allows quicktime to be installed on windows 10.
I tried converting video test files to formats that Cubase is known to accept but the initialization error seems to happen before any import actually starts and appears to be shutting down all attempts at import. It simply does nothing. It looks like a programming code bomb out. All I get is an initialization error and no file import. It allows me to highlight a file but all of them show as unsupported file type. Quicktime in any version plays files just fine. Also, 9.0.0 plays them fine so right now I am running Quicktime 7.6 with 9.0.0.
- Why does Cubase 9.5 keep asking for quicktime when it is no longer supported?
- Is there a known temporary workaround or am I stuck working with 9.0.0?
- Is there a fix in the works anyone knows about?
I am running windows 10 + Updates through 3/15/2018.