Cubase Pro Crossgrade?

Hi, I’m hoping this is a simple question/answer. I currently use Ableton 11, but if I were to purchase a Cubase 12 Pro Crossgrade would I still be able to use Ableton 11 if needed to, or does the crossgrade stop the use of the other software?

Thanks in advance.
Gus (UK)

Welcome ! :slightly_smiling_face:

I can’t imagine an evil and hidden mechanism that would deactivate both your ability and rights to use an already purchased program. Crossgrade offers are mainly existing to get more licence sales, allowing more incomes to maintain and develop next generations of the involved one.

If you have a doubt, you can always make a ticket to ask the question to Steinberg, but well… I guess that either @steve or @Matthias_Quellmann could confirm this.

3 Likes

@cubic13 thanks for the quick response. There certain things I do in Ableton that might not be possible in Cubase 12, and I wouldn’t want to lose that ability so, I’m happy to hear that.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer me.

Gus (UK)

1 Like

you just have to prove to Steinberg that you purchased the product from which you want to crossgrade. You can continue to use this product as long as you like without any consequences regarding the crossgrade product you’ll buy from Steinberg.

1 Like

@jazztom, thanks for the reply and confirming usage, it’s appreciated.

Gus (UK)