Cubase project icons missing

Hi all,

I hope you are all staying safe in light of what is happening across the globe!!!

I have a self inflicted problem I was looking for some help with!!! Last week I stupidly down loaded, then installed, the Cubase 10 update that was made available!! I might have been going stir crazy but It was really stupid of me because I’m running Cubase Pro 10.5!!!

Once I realised my mistake I uninstalled Steinberg Cubase 10 from my computer but now there is an issue with my files which I will hopefully explain!!!

When I create a new project I always save the project folder to my desk top so that I can easily access it. Obviously, within the project folder on the desk top there are all the audio files I create ( cpr & bak files and 1 Cubase project file) and there was, PRIOR to my stupid update mistake, a icon for the Cubase project file which was easily identifiable among all the other files! I think it might have been the Cubase logo, but I am not totally sure!!

After I uninstalled Cubase 10 the Cubase project icon has vanished and all there is now is blank file icons for cpr, bak and project file, so I have to scroll through these files to identify the correct one to open, which is a pain in the rear!!

Has anyone else encountered this, have I checked something that I shouldn’t or is this because I DL’d, installed then uninstalled the wrong Cubase programme (10.00 update)??

Is anyone able to offer a solution please??

Thanks all and STAY SAFE!!!

Jim B

Hi,

I’m not Windows expert, but I would say something went wrong when you uninstall Cubase 10. So I would recommend to install Cubase 10.5 from the full installer. Hopefully this would help.

Thanks Martin,

Hope you are staying safe!!

Do you think it best to totally uninstall Cubase Pro before reinstalling, or will it overwrite the existing install?

Thanks,

Jim B

Hi,

The installer would add a missing components/parts. So I think it’s enough to reinstall it. But of course, it’s more safe to uninstall and install again. No worries, you wouldn’t lose your Cubase custom setup.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the advise, it worked perfectly. I did uninstall then reinstall the whole package, but all good now.

Thanks very much for your guidance!!

Stay safe and I’ll see you all on the other side!!!

Jim B

I had same.I’m running 10pro &thought 10.5 pro was update.it was an upgrade!not very clear on the site for me.after activation time was up I uninstalled it&now I’m stuck with same issue.how it’s fixed would be good to know.

If your icons are missing now and the project files are no longer linked to Cubase you simply need to reinstall Cubase. If you want to stay with Cubase 10 then you need to reinstall Cubase 10, because the Uninstaller will remove the links to the file extensions again.

Windows has removed the link between the file types and the program when uninstalling Cubase. The installer will restore the links to the file extensions (cpr, bak, etc) and you will be able to click on them and open the application directly.

Thanks for help.if you can let me know how much is upgrade to 10.5 pro that would be good cheers

There is no upgrade to 10.5 anymore, you can upgrade to Cubase 12 now. The link here points you to the Steinberg site where you can select your edition to upgrade.

Just click on “Buy Cubase 12” and select the edition you want to buy.

Even if you upgrade to Cubase 12, your current Cubase will continue to run.