cubase rewire problems windows 8

I have tried every thing, and I mean every thing! I cant for the life of me rewire Cubase to use reason. I have Cubase 4 and reason 3.4. both programs work well by themselves, tried replacing dlls, installing, reinstalling, updating,when I open Cubase, press the devices, click the rewire, click the first two mix left right at the top as normal, its fine. Then I go to open reason and guess what? Cubase says it has to close! Reason then informs me to reinstall engine. I have both programs working on a xp pc and for a while it also worked on windows 8. is there anything I can transfer from the xp pc from the programs to the windows 8 pc, like dlls rex files blah blah blah, and does anyone know what the hell I am going about ?

Cubase 4 is EOL as is Windows XP
“End Of Life” meaning no support is given for products that old from Steinberg or Microsoft.
And this forum is for Cubase 8 and above.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/end-of-xp-support

It is true there is no longer any support for older versions of cubase and reason. They are still 32bit programs which means they should run on windows 8. I tried a demo of reasons with cubase in windows 8 and it worked and also triggered devices to show reason 3 in rewire.when you start cubase and choose reason 3 instead of the demo, . stops. So the programs are just missing a link which is what I asked in the first place.

Yes. But you are in the wrong forum for your question regarding Cubase 4.
This is the Cubase 8 forum
Try the “OLDER CUBASE VERSIONS” forum.
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=146

I just want to thank you for taking the time for directing me to the right place, I am new to forums. Thanks again.

I solved the problem of rewire doesn’t work in reason with cubase 4. Not sure where to post it though. Simply download ’ installer pack for rewire and rex for vista’ install it and it places the rewire in ‘devices’ in cubase 4. I am using windows 10 so was surprised when it worked. Hope this helps anyone using reason 3 with cubase 4. If there was a way I could redirect this post for people using older versions of cubase and reason I would.