Cubase Sample Editor question

As a long time Cool Edit Pro/Audition user, I have been wanting to eliminate my need for editing audio files outside Cubase.

One of the things I would like to be able to do in the Cubase sample editor is to take multiple sections of an audio file and place them on different tracks. What is the most efficient way to do this? Create regions, then regions to tracks? Does anyone have a quicker method?

Also, is there a way to have the sample editor not start playback over when a selection of the audio file is looped and you are adjusting the ending of the selection? I want it to behave like it does in the regular arrangement view when you adjust the right indicator. It doesn’t start playback over every time you move it when you have a section looped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do it all from the arrange/main window. Put the audio file on a track. Cut with with the scissors tool in the places you want to create new events. Copy them around to where you want them. Note that by default it’s just “views” into the original track so modifying that section will modify it in all places that “view” into it. Each of these regions can still be extended to show more or less or slide the view with ctrl-alt-drag (if I recall correctly).

I don’t understand your second question.