Cubase Studio 5 for live performance / playlist?

Hello everyone,

I’m new to Cubase and still learning how to use it. Once I’ve recorded some songs (I’m using MIDI tracks only to control my hardware synths) and save each song as a project, is it possible to create a setlist/playlist that will call up my saved songs in a predefined playing order so that when one song is played and finished, the next song is readily available?

Or do musicians on stage using Cubase have to close one project and browse the file system for the next for each song to be played?

Thanks for any answers, tips and comments. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if there is a solution for different projects.
I’m using C5 live and have all I need in one project (playing samples, metronome and MIDI automation for my guitar setup.
Works fine for me.

If you need each song in a different project then you can maybe load all songs and use a macro for activating the next one.

Cheers, Matze!

I used Cubase 5 live with my Keystation 61es once. Then I had everything in one project. I changed the octave buttons on the Keystation to be MIDI channel +/- buttons instead. I finally set up each VST instrument so that each had its individual MIDI channel placed in playing order. I also did some splitting and doubling on the same MIDI channel with the help of MIDI inserts in Cubase.

The only problem I see with having everything in one project is that you’ll need a lot of RAM if you’re using a lot of different VST instruments and plugins, but since you’re going hardware that may not be a problem. Besides, you could just bounce all the “static” parts to reduce system load.

It would be nice to be able to do multiple track freezing and unfreezing by single MIDI commands during performance. Or activate a different project, as suggested. But that does imply that all sound must be killed for at least several seconds during activation of the next project, and that’s often not what you want…