Cubase suddenly disappears while launching. Possible Graphics conflict

Hello. All three Cubase versions I have on my secondary PC suddenly won’t finish launching. V 10.5, 11, and 12.

I have an AMD Radeon graphics card. The error references an AMD driver and the last thing that tries to load is the Cubase video player . I recently had a Windows 10 update and am thinking it caused a graphics conflict. But removing the Windows update does not help. See print screens and dump file below.

2_Cubase crash
3_ Cubase 12.0.52.393 64bit 2023.2.16 18.43.36.176.dmp (503.6 KB)

M.E.

If possible, you could try to rollback that update and check if it was the culprit.
Maybe it changed the display driver to a generic or wrong one.

Aside getting the latest drivers for your integrated GPU, the probably easiest way would be to borrow a working standalone video card and try running Cubase with it.
All assuming you are using no laptop.

I loaded the dump file into WinDbg, but I am by no means an expert. Aside the DLL file shown it throws an Access Violation error (which could be like anything, like RAM or VRAM problems for instance). Others may get more detailed information from the DMP file.

The atio6xxx.dll is known to cause trouble. You probably have a software named Adrenalin from AMD on your system, that is part of this.

Do a search for atio6xxx or Adrenalin here across all forums and you will find several threads about this. One solution is to remove Adrenalin and reduce the amount of AMD software to a minimum.

Currently there are reports on the internet about the latest drivers even crashing windows.

Juergen will most probably be totally correct , i had crashes with graphics issues on a new build and removed the adrenaline software , so far so good i haven’t had the issues i had before .