Cubase SX 2.2 and Win7 64 bit?

HI All - I am considering upgrading my WinXP PC with a new mobo and moving to Win7. Is anyone running their SX 2.2 on a Windows7 64 bit PC? If so, were there any install or driver issues? ( I know I need to have all my hardware drivers be 64 bit, such as my ASIO soundcard, etc)

How about the synchrsoft license USB dongle? Any issues with that?

Thanks!

I think your biggest issue will be with the licence software, make sure to update netframwork to 3.5 sp1

Hi all - providing an update and need help on a related issue…

I was able to successfully install and run SX 2.2 on my Win7 Pro 64-bit OS, installing it in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Cubase SX 2” folder. However, I am having problems with getting new VSTis to load…

I have placed a couple third party VSTis in either of the following folders: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins” or even in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Cubase SX 2\Vstplugins.” When I open SX, I go to “Devices->Plug in Information” and can see the newly added VSTis are on the list - OK so far. However, when I start a new project and look for those VSTis in “Devices->VST Instruments” (F11), they do not show up in the pick list! I have copied these VTis to a couple different palces, have “Updated” the Plug in Information (which always correctly finds the VSTis and their paths), but no luck.

Any solution?

Thanks much for the help!

Positive update - the couple VSTi’s I first tried were quirky (including Synthogy Ivory). All others are being recognized and are playing nicely.