Cubase SX3 and Cubase Elements 8 license

I need to enable Cubase Sx3 to convert some old ARR and ALL files. I have Cubase Elements 8 licensed. SX3 doesn’t appear to like that license. Is there some trick to get SX3 to use this license? Or does SX3 not work with a Cubase Elements 8 license?

Thanks in Advance for any help!!

By the way, MY Cubase Elements 8 license is a soft eLicense. I have ordered a USB eLicense device, but I don’t have it yet. I’m not sure that should make a difference, but thought I would mention it. Both Products: Cubase Elements 8 (which works and recognizes the soft eLicense) and Cubase SX3 are installed on the same Windows 7 64Bit machine.

Cubase SX 3 is part of the “Pro” product line that is protected using the USB-eLicenser.
Cubase Elements 8 is part of the “Consumer” product line that is protected using the Soft-eLicenser.

The “Pro” product line supports the “Consumer” product line, but not vice versa.

So, in order to run your Cubase SX 3 installation, you’ll need to use the Cubase SX 3 license that came with your purchase (alternatively, any “newer” Cubase license from the “Pro” product line, e.g. “Cubase 4”, “Cubase 5”, … “Cubase Pro 8.5” will do). Ideally, you still own the the USB-eLicenser that contains your Cubase SX 3 license. Otherwise, you need to contact support to figure out how to retrieve your Cubase SX 3 license.

Thank You.

I was afraid that it might be something like that. The last full Cubase version I owned was 2.X (2.4? I’ll have to go look at the floppies it came on). I kind of got out of my music production for a number of years and only recently restarted. Elements 8 appeared to have everything I needed. So, I went that route when I purchased. I’ll try support and see if they can help me.

I have a similar issue with trying to open up Cubase SX3. However, I have purchased every FULL or PRO version of Cubase for the past 18 years. In fact, I still have the original Cubase SX 3 UPDATE/UPGRADE Box with the DVD and all included documentation which includes the activation codes.
Here’s my issue, I have updated and upgraded my Cubase, eLicenser & Syncrosoft eLicenser Control to the most current versions to date. I now have Cubase Pro 8.5, and I’m running the latest version of Syncrosoft eLicenser Control (v6.9.2.1184). These latest versions are installed on my MacPro running OS 10.9 Mavericks (yes, Cubase Pro 8.5 runs on Mavericks).
I have Cubase SX 3 installed on my iBook G4. However, when I try to use the same eLicenser USB dongle plugged in my iBook G4, Cubase SX3 won’t open up. It says that there are no valid licenses for the Application. (please see attachment) The strange thing is that I have Cubase 4 installed on my iBook G4 as well and that opens just fine with the same eLicenser USB dongle. What gives?
What do I need to do be able to open up Cubase SX3?
Do I need to use a separate USB dongle specifically for running Cubase SX3? If so, that’s fine. It’s only $27. But I just don’t want to waste the money if it’s not going to fix the problem. Or if there’s another solution using my current eLicenser USB dongle.

sorry to hijack thread but dose anyone know if i was to be able to find such an activation code for Cubase SX3 Upgrade; would this work for me to be able to upgrade my SL2 License that i own on my USB Elicenser? or would the upgrade me non-functional at this point in time?

i have read that support for SX3 ended officially in 2011
https://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/support-for-older-products-discontinued-1592.html

so this is why im asking if the upgrade would still work or not if i could find a sealed box upgrade
its just really annoying to have this SL2 license i really wish i could upgrade it to full SX3