Cubase upgrade - How to from a ways back?

Hi,
I have been out of the loop on Cubase due to the fact I was very ill for the past couple years. In fact so ill and fatigued that I had no energy for music or Cubase. I did keep up with paying for upgrades and new versions though, but never loaded them.

So my question to you is this: If I am back at Cubase 6.0x, what all am I going to have to load to get back up to the current release of 7.5x? In looking at my boxed sets I have:
Cubase 6 update - From Cubase 4/5
Cubase 7 update - From Cubase 6.5

Additionally
Cubase 7.5 update in download format with key code

I am looking to find the path of least resistance and get up to version 7.5x with the least amount of installs and disks. To me it looks like I need to conjure up Cubase 6.5 and find my key code???

Thanks for any help you can give!
LB

Hello,

sorry to hear, my best wishes.

You can go straight to Cubase 7.5, the Complete Installer can be found here:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_75.html (Cubase 7.5 - Complete Installation, DVD 1 and 2).

If you have the boxed updates to Cubase and Cubase 6, then those are complete installers - you dont’ need to install them to run Cubase 7.5, but you can still install them alongside 7.5, if willing.

Regarding the license, you just need to enter the activation code in the eLicenser Control Center and download it. It looks like you have a Cubase 6.5 license still - when you’l enter the Cubase 7 (Update from Cubase 6.5) you’ll receive a notification to update the license to 7.5 for free (Grace Period).

Feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Best,

Hi and thanks for the comeback!

I am on the mend big time so all is well here for now.

That is great news to hear on 7.5 and not having to step up from all the prior updates. I did see that version up there. Do I understand you right in that I can put version 7.5 over the top of an 6.02 install and it will update that? Or do I have to install fresh from scratch after uninstalling version 6.02?

On licensing, do I have to step those up by half steps? Put on 6.5, then 7, then 7.5?

Thanks again for your help and sorry for the noob type questions.

LB

Cubase 7.5 will install independently from 6. If you already have 6 installed, you don’t need to do a thing. You might want to leave 6 installed for familiarity while learning the new features of 7.5.

I would install from the complete 7.5 ISO images in Fabio’s link. First, install the latest eLCC and get your license up to date.

After that, you should be good to go.

Scab,
Thanks - The install probably would have told me what it would do, maybe not. I just got that behemoth ISO file to DL and am ready to start working on this. So your post was timely and lets me know what I am up against.

You take good care!
LB

Hello,

seen this too late.

What Scab wrote is correct, you can have both C6 and C7.5 installed on the same machine (and running on the same 7.5 license). They are seen as different applications.

The update patches for all Cubase versions can be found at this link: Downloads | Steinberg - it is recommended to install the 7.5.2 patch after the main C7.5 installation… you might also want to update Cubase 6 to 6.0.7 (or 6.5.5, which will replace the 6.x installation, though - i.e. you can have C7 AND C7.5 but only C6 OR C6.5).

@ Scab: thank you!

Cheers,

Is there any way to get these isos by ftp instead of trying to get them by http connection? I am trying to use Free Download Manager and it keeps crashing part way into the download which is very frustrating!

Thanks in advance.

Cliff

Cliff,
There are posts in here that say to not use a download manager or you will have problems. So try it without the download manager. However I had one heck of a time with that nearly 7 GB file for Cubase! I have to ask the questions why in the heck to we have to DL the Mac version if we run windows and vice versa. If you think about it the splitting out the files in the build based on platform would half the traffic hit on Steineys servers and make it a lot easier to get the file. I hope they learn from this lesson in futility.

PS - This was not the best place to post your question as you should have probably started a new thread.

LB