Cubase, we need to talk about Audio Connections...

Hello

I have two studios with different setups (both using C10) I take projects back and forth and Cubase decides its smart to take along the audio connection settings, this means that when opening the project in studio two, the inputs/outputs from studio one overwrites the inputs/outputs in studio two.
what is even more annoying is that all the External FX is disconnected form their inputs/outputs!!

Is there a way to make this usable?, what about having Audio Connections/External FX follow the machine, NOT the project.

Thanks

Yes itā€™s a bit messy and it has been talked about and criticized here on the forums.

Are you able to create connections presets?

Yes, but it is a hassle and unnecessary. I need to delete the external fx, and add them one by one, and there is alot.
also need to delete the inputs/outputs and setup again. so everytime!
and I had some new external fx that i forgot making favs of, so yeahā€¦

I know your pain

you might be better off using ā€˜Import Tracks from Projectā€™

So you have a Cubase template for each of your studio rooms. then one bringing one into the other room, you ā€˜Import Tracks from Templateā€™ into a sort of template youā€™ve designed to facilitate the move.

Presets donā€™t work for External FX then? I find that they work really well for ins and outs.

one at a time

4 years and still need major upgrades.
nuendo 12 on windows I get :

• rather then removing audio connections if used we should have a ā€œun/activeā€ check box. And if connection is activated in a sendā€¦ then itā€™s auto-deactivated in outputs for exemple.
  • external gear should be able to store dual mono versions of a stereo setup so we donā€™t have again to manually create connections each time we need this (I have stereo compressor that I like to use in dual mono for exemple)
  • store presets for external gear.
  • delay setting thatā€¦ actually works and can go negative (edit I checked it does now ! but still weird behaviour : I put one digital effect, it says -22ms fine. I add a second digital effect in line measureā€¦ +5msā€¦ what the hell. should be -40ish ms I guess no)
  • window size changes when you open close the window or even tabs within window
  • often all connection will Expand where you didnā€™t ask for anything having to constantly close them all.
  • you canā€™t create a connection and move it up/down to reorganise the visibility.
  • you canā€™t select multiple connections and delete them at once (wich make the one above even more annoying.)

other ideas ?

1 Like

I do not move projects from studio to studio, but even as a laptop user, whenever I start Cubase outside of my studio, or even while my MOTU interface is booting up, it will reset audio connections.

Yes you can use presets on most tabs, but having the ability to have a global preset, or the inactive / active check box mentioned above.

I did try aggregate devices but it is not really solving the issue.