Cubase with M-Audio Keyrig (USB) + Studiologic SL990 (MIDI)

Hi guys!

I have an M-Audio Keyrig 49 and working in Cubase 7 LE. Now I want to buy an another controller, the Studiologic SL990 because I am a piano player and the M-Audio feels like a toy for my nephew.
I found a great deal for the SL990, but the downside of it is, it does not have modwheel. Which is sad, because I write a lot of string pieces and I use the modwheel for expression.
My question is:
Is it possible to use the modwheel from my M-Audio (which is connected via USB to the PC) while I am recording the notes with the SL990 (which is connected to my E-MU 0404 USB external sound card via MIDI) in the same time?

Thanks in advance!

Yes. Cubase will just see it just the same as now.

But the SL990 does have mod and pitch wheels. Even so, you’ll end up using the m-audio for it because the wheels on the Fatar keyboards’ (edit: mod and pitch wheels) are notorious for failing one way or another. I have an SL-880, and keep the mod wheel turned off due to it sending spurious cc messages constantly. Very common. Aside from that it’s a tank and feels like a piano.

Hey, SteveInChicago!

Thank you for your reply! I am so glad Cubase is able to do that! I hope I will not have any problems when I receive the Studiologic. Oh and by the way, if I may correct you, the SL990 does not have any wheels. No pitch wheel no mod wheel, not anything. The SL990 Pro and XP does. This is an earlier or simpler version of the series. And I am buying it exactly for the great feel of it’s keys. I am sure I won’t be disappointed :slight_smile:

Thank you again for the answer, Steve!

Kind regards,
Joe.

Ahah- did not know there were multiple derivations of the SL-990. And I’m sure you’re right.