Cubase Wont install on windows 7!

Hey guys,

I purchased cubase artist 6.5 about a month ago and took advantage of the grace period to uprage to cubase 7. I soon realized the vari audio functions were non existant in my sessions (the vari audio tab was not listed), I tried to install the update for cubase 7 (7.0.1) in hopes that it would fix my problem. But when i ran the install for the update i would get an error message saying " setup has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution" but then it never finds one and the box just dissapears. After failed attempts to install the update for cubase 7 or fix my vari audio problem I decided to just uninstall cubase completely from my computer and start over. So I insert the cubase artists 6.5 disc and run the setup wizard…when i click to install cubase 6.5 i recieve the same error message as when i tried to install the update for cubase 7… setup has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution" . So now i have no version of cubase on my computer at all… and i cant install any versions of cubase … I have no troubles installing any other programs ( itunes, utorrent, registry cleaners) . I have made sure all my drivers and software are up to date. I have no virus’ as my computer is not even a month old. It is an Acer Aspire M3450 amd 8 core processor 16 gb ram 2 terabyte hard drive, it runs fast and smooth no hiccups or kinks since i purchased it. I am only experiencing problems when trying to install cubase . I would appreciate any help i could get! I Bought a new computer and cubase 6.5 in hopes to get a pretty good home studio setup going and now im at a stand still and very frustrated. Please help!!

Please contact technical support to solve this issue!

Best,
Helge