Cubase won't open (stalls on UR824 extensions)

Hello all,

Have I been hit by an irritating Windows 10 Creators Fall update problem? I can’t run Cubase 9.5, or 8.5, whether run as administrator or not, because at the point where Cubase shows it is loading the UR824 extensions I get a Windows installer window that just stays there without loading anything.

Anyone else having this? I know the Steinberg advice about upgrading Windows, and I didn’t intend to do so.

Steve.

Hi,

Make sure your have the latest UR824 driver and extension installed, please.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I deleted and then redownloaded ans reinstalled the Tools for UR824 before posting here.

Steve.

Did you installed also the driver?

Is your device connected via USB 2, not USB3?

Hi Martin,

The driver is included in the Tools for UR824 package. Connected via usb2. The only thing that has changed on my setup is the downloading of new Windows 10 files.

Steve.

THank you Steinberg for the update to this problem on your website - I tried uninstalling and reinstalling previously but I’ll this again.

Steve.

Hey Steve, did you try this? Windows 10 Updates/TOOLS for UR: 'Preparing to install' issue - UR Series - Steinberg Forums

Thanks Alexis, I did indeed see it and it’s now worked. Thank you for the heads up. Not sure if Steinberg changed anything in the USB driver or the Tools for UR, but yes my machine is fine now. Maybe I didn’t restart it as they suggested.

Steve.