Cubase6.exe – Entry Point Not Found

When we open Cubase the following message appears:

“Cubase6.exe – Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point NTSlpcSendWaitReceivePort could not be found in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll.” :confused:

We click on the close button it goes away and cubase starts. does anybody have an explanantion? Is it
a: German poetry?
b: A philosophical reflection?
c: The sort of thing computer programmers dream up while they are in the zone?
:unamused:

Anybody know how to make it go away?
:question:

That’s a tricky one. Can’t locate NTSlpcSendWaitReceivePort in any of Windows XP’s system DLL:s. Is it possible, that you’ve bumped into a real incompatibility issue between C6 and XP?

I’d do a virus scan.

Maybe this thread will help… (?)

Good detective work! Really looks like XP compatibility issue, as I suspected. But maybe not C6 itself. Can of course be some driver/other sofware which C6 is interacting with.

Thank you Funky Drummer ! and other Cubasemen.

It appears to be caused by the KIEs software that comes with my new Samsung Galaxy II telephone.

Obviously the software evelopers at Samsung do not have Cubase installed. At their peril!

The new trend in software design: Just make stuff that messes up people’s technology, then run and hide behind a multinational corporate screen with no easy connection between customers and developers. Mmm. Trendy. Could catch on ladies. :unamused:

According to the link uninstalling the software does not help. I wonder what other machinations the evil empire is dreaming up … :imp:

On a more positive note thank you once again problem solved… sort of… :smiley:

Why would anyone have KIES and Cubase installed?
It should be a well known fact that any software designed to sync and update mobile/smart phones install services and autostart crap on any computer.

Thank you for your enlightened comments. :blush:

I reasoned that a major software company with sales of 800,000,000 mobile telephones should be able to design an application as complex as an USB stick. :laughing:

Of course I may have seriously underestimated the difficulty of such an undertaking. At last report Samsung had 275,000 employees, each personally vetted to ensure their talent and technology creates superior products and services that contribute to a better global society.

Let us be fair. Can you imagine the complexity of designing an application that would work reliably with Microsoft Windows? :stuck_out_tongue: Just think of the time you would spend trying to get through to the help-desk? :laughing: :unamused:

The last thing I heard 274,999 staff were still trying to read the Terms of Service Areement! :laughing: I understand they have a commitment to getting through to the end of the Privacy Policy by 2016! :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

So we should not be too hard on them. They are only software engineers dedicated to giving people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential. Really in the scale of things it should not matter too much if the interface of their mobile telephone product looks and functions like something from a 1980’s arcade game. I am sure they are very nice people driven by an unyielding passion for excellence—and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market, setting their sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so they can steer their company toward long-term success guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency, being socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in every community where they operate around the globe. :smiley:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :angry:

Ever installed Nokia Mobile Suite? The old versions made any PC slower than a Commodore64. And many of the folks who wrote that piece of junk used to be my college mates :unamused:

I think I can. Used to write a lot of Windows software zillion years ago. Always said to my colleagues: “If you find a bug in my code, I’ll buy you a beer”. You can bet, my software went through intensive testing :smiley: Yes, once I had to buy one beer.

Cool! Did you help design Paint? :laughing: Media Player? :laughing:
No seriously. The problem is the company gets too big. A simple product beomes bloated with thousands of developers biting each others tails and messing up an otherwise good system. I believe it is called a ‘technocracy’.

And seriously. A mobile telephone is an amazing piece of technology. Very sophisticated and cool. Then they mess it up with a dinky little app for grandpa to share his doggy pictures with. :neutral_face: :arrow_right: :bulb:

Peace. :sunglasses: :bulb:

Ay caramba! I was so glad it wasn’t on my DAW after installing that monster. But then, if your whole life is on that stupid electronic brick, a backup now and then has to be made…

Luck, Arjan

@ galvinstephen:
For your Galaxy S II you should check out MyPhoneExplorer.
Freebie (Donationware), lightweight and much easier syncing contents and backing up your phone than Kies.

Download the phone client from Android Market and the PC client from MyPhoneExplorer | Functions