Cubase8.5: folder selection box unreachable in plug-in Manag

Please go to the plug-in manager and show the plug-in manager settings and click on the “+” to add a new VST2 folder. Before you select a folder switch to another application and then come back to Cubase. Now the plug-in manager window is in front of the folder selection dialog. Now it’s impossible to close the folder selection box. But it is also impossible to operate any other Cubase window. My only solution is to kill the Cubase task using the task manager.

Please confirm or tell me how can I reach a blocking dialog window that is behind any other Cubase window.

8.5 I can not load my plugins I have in a folder with the plugin manager, I can navigate to it but when i do the rescan cubase hangs and needs a reboot— I have to use 8.20 to do any work

I am having the EXACT same problem with Cubase 8.5.15. I updated from Cubase 7. I can navigate and select my VST folder in the plugin manager, but as soon as I hit rescan Cubase just hangs. In my task manager it shows the program as non-responsive so I have to force shut it down. I’m on Windows 7 64bit.

I have to use my previous version of Cubase in order to do anything either. FRUSTRATING!!!