Cubasis 1.5 available now! - (UPDATE)

I’d only just started with Cubasis a couple of weeks ago but I’m very pleased and impressed with it, despite some misgivings over the rather high price. The 1.5 update was a pleasant surprise which made it even better. Good work!

I had been using Garageband previously on iPad, but now I find I’m using Cubasis all the time instead. The only thing I miss from Garageband is easy looping of events. Either I’m doing it wrong, or you are supposed to do a whole bunch of tedious copy and paste operations to achieve the same effect. On the other hand, the list of things which I would miss from Cubasis if I went back to Garageband would be very long, so I can live with it. I’m hopeful a future update might address it though :slight_smile:

Anyway, Cubasis seems like a quality effort which is both powerful yet really easy to master, which of course is an indicator of good design principles. It’s making me wonder about switching from Logic 9 on the Mac to Cubase 7. If Cubase 7 it wasn’t so expensive, it would be more tempting though.

Thanks and its a great update.

Jan

Still no support for 24 and/or 32-bit audio? :frowning:

Found one issue (presented in the previous versions, too). When you record a piano track with the sustain pedal, the recorded track sounds different because of “chocking” sustain. The sound is not hold for the desired length but the sustain is abrupt. Hard to explain, just try to record for yourself. My iOS device is an iPad Mini.

Micrologue sounds amazing, but aren’t control knob changes recorded with the MIDI? If not whats the point of having all that great control if you can’t record and edit it? That’s annoying!

Hopefully a quick question :
Is there any option (now or in the future), to allow for running micrologue in stand-alone mode, (ie without being run inside cubasis), so that we can run and enjoy playing the VSTi live, without the extra footprint of the entire cubasis::harness ?