Cubasis 2.0 shows no inter app effects or audio units

Hi,

I have several audio units and effects that works perfectly with garageband but are not showing on Cubasis 2. The list is always empty when selecting inter app or audio units in insert effects :frowning:

It happens on iPad Air 1 with ios 9.2.1

Regards.

Hi KuRi,

IAA allows to route audio, MIDI and effects between Cubasis (host) and compatible node apps in realtime. There are three basic types of nodes:

• Effects can be set as insert or send effects
• Instruments are assigned to a MIDI track and automatically receive MIDI from Cubasis
• Generators are inputs for audio tracks

It depends on the app manufacturer what type of nodes are available.

IAA apps that are not listed as instruments (only for audio track inputs) are in fact IAA generators (= only for audio tracks) and not IAA instruments, i.e. they cannot receive MIDI via IAA (only via CoreMIDI).

Please find more information right here: Limitations of Inter-App Audio - Cubasis - Steinberg Forums

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi KuRi,

Please have a look at our tutorial to see how to use IAA on Cubasis’ MIDI and audio tracks in practice:

Please let me know if this helps to solve the issue at your end.

Best,
Laers

Hi Lars, thanks for your answer.

However I think I am facing a different problem. I have amplitube installed among other instruments and inter audio effects, but Cubase 2 shows nothing (empty list) when trying to choose one :frowning:

Any idea on what could be happening? I have tried reinstalling cubase and effects with no success.

I am interested in using VirSyn Harmonize Voice effect, do you know if it is compatible?

Thanks!

Hi Kuri,

Gave it a short test with AmpliTube FREE in Cubasis and things worked as expected here.

Steps:

• Launch Cubasis and create an audio track
  • Open “Insert Effects” tab in the inspector
  • Tap an empty effect slot and choose “AmpliTube” from the “Inter-App Audio” list

I’d expect there should be no issues to load the VirSyn instruments in Cubasis.
Since we’re not able to test all available instruments/effects on the market, please get in touch with VirSyn directly.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Steps:

• Launch Cubasis and create an audio track
  • Open “Insert Effects” tab in the inspector
  • Tap an empty effect slot and … EMPTY LIST

Thanks,
    Regards.

UPDATE: Only Audio Unit working is Tonebridge. At least it appears on the list, although it is giving some problems after selecting it…

Hi KuRi,

Since we’re not able to reproduce the issue, it might be related to iOS or other circumstances.
Please give it a try to power off the iPad followed by a restart of all apps.

Please let me know if it helps to solve the problem.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

I tried that already, it did not work. Prior versions of cubase were working good with amplitube at leats.

Thanks anyway…

Hi KuRi,

It might be worth to give a fresh install of Cubasis a try.
Please make sure to choose one of the available backup options before deleting and reinstalling the app.

Please let me know if it helps to solve the problem.

Best,
Lars