Cubasis 2.7 Audio via MIDI not recognized

I’m very new to Cubasis so apologies if this is a stupid question: I want to record a track using the onboard piano of my Yamaha MX88. I add a track and select “audio” but Cubasis isn’t getting any signal from keyboard. I am able to play the internal Cubasis instruments so I know the MIDI connection is working, What setting am I missing that needs to be enabled so that I can use my keyboard’s onboard instruments?

Thanks!

Hi Towjam,

Thank you for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis family!

Below please find two tutorial links, where our friend Dom Sigalas explains the MIDI and audio setups using Yamaha’s MODX alongside Cubasis:

Easy-peasy MIDI recording -MODX/MONTAGE with CUBASIS

How I SEQUENCE and RECORD my MODX as AUDIO- Yamaha MODX/MONTAGE with Cubasis

Please let me know if these tutorials are helpful for you, to setup the Yamaha MX88 accordingly.

Thanks,
Lars

Thank you Lars! This is very helpful!

You’re welcome…

Best,
Lars

Hi. Using 2.8.6 and trying to record audio from modx. Watched the video online but still no sound in. Set the modx to record audio to daw. The Cubasis audio setting says audio device is modx. I get sound back through the usb host cable. Can record to garage band, albeit quiet, but would rather use Cubasis. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Hi @nigellouise.harrison,

Thanks for your message.

Dom Sigalas shows all required steps in the following tutorial (which is the same as the one linked above):

Please make sure the routing in Cubasis matches to the settings shown in the clip, and that the Rec Enable button in the audio track has been enabled.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars