Cubasis 2 now available

Dear all,

Before sharing the exciting news about Cubasis 2, please allow me a few personal words.

Cubasis 2 marks the 21st release since the app has been introduced back in early Dec 2012.
The app has evolved dramatically since then, and as being the case with this exceptional Cubasis 2 release, all updates have been released for free for existing customers.

We as a team hope Cubasis 2 serves as your creative tool of choice to capture song ideas and polish them to musical perfection at ease the most convenient way, without getting lost in technology. Being musicians ourselves this is our eternal goal making Cubasis.

If you’re satisfied with Cubasis 2 please do us a great favour in rating this app in the App Store!
It just takes a short moment of your time and is of great help for us!

We wish you lots of great moments filled with inspiration, joy and creativity using Cubasis 2 and are excited to hear your feedback.

Enough said, let’s go ahead and lift the curtain…

Thanks for your support,
Lars

Cubasis 2 - Music. Simply Made.

New features in Cubasis 2.0
• A Refreshed User Interface – Enjoy profound usability by straightforward workflows
• Real-time Time-Stretch – Tempo match audio loops to your song’s tempo in a snap
• Pitch shift with formant correction – Easily change keys of any tracks and tune them to perfection
• A studio-grade channel strip – Reach true sound perfection for all channels
• Spin FX – Tweak and mash-up your tracks with DJ-like breaks, stops and stutters
• MicroSonic TAPE instruments – Perfectly recreate trademark sounds from the ’60s era
• 76 new Micrologue presets – Lay down your tracks with cutting-edge modern synth sounds
• Factory loops tempo match – Enjoy the freedom to use included audio loops at any tempo
• MIDI Auto Quantize – Sync MIDI tracks with the beat while recording
• Ready for iOS 10 – Cubasis 2.0 is fully tested and proven iOS 10 compatible
• Maintenance and improvements

Learn more about Cubasis

Download Cubasis for the iPad
https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/cubasis-music-production-system/id583976519?l=en&mt=8

Cubasis 2 Tutorial

Improvements & Fixes
CB-335 Zooming behaviour in arrange window and editors has been reworked to provide enhanced precision and accuracy.
CB-3282 Response time has drastically been improved for menu bar and tool bar buttons.
CB-3081 Record mode tools have been added to tempo pop-up for improved usability.
CB-3145 Factory audio loop library has been converted to lossless FLAC format for improved quality.
CB-3273 Background color option has been added to the setup for the Arrange window.
CB-3209 Order of fixed insert slots can be swapped via corresponding icon.
CB-3289 Improves the cosmetic issue of iOS keyboard and text pop-ups overlapping.
CB-392 Overlapping events no longer flicker when zooming or scrolling.
CB-2947 Loading audio unit instances during playback no longer results in muted audio playback.
CB-3298 Releasing the pitch-bend wheel now correctly resets its value.
CB-3314 Fixes the graphical issue of overlaying event names and event lengths.
CB-3321 Fixes the problem of unreliable rendering of Cubasis when transferring a file via Air Drop.
CB-3341 Fixes the problem of unreliable rendering of Cubasis when deleting user files via WiFi.
CB-3063 Fixes a rare phenomenon where audio files can get lost after recording, renaming and reloading a project.
CB-3028 Solves a rare problem where undoing a track recording could lead to losing corresponding I/O track settings.
CB-3045 Fixes a rare issue where undoing a recording can lead to renaming of the corresponding track.
CB-3129 Fixes a problem where the user interface of Blamsoft Viking appears broken after being assigned as AU instrument.
CB-3127 Freezing an AU track that contains Moog Model 15 now leads to expected results.
CB-2919 Fixes a problem where loading a project that contains a NS1 AU instrument instance could lead to unreliable behaviour of Cubasis.
CB-2205 Swing quantize settings are now properly saved with the project.
CB-3046 Fixes a problem where activating cycle mode during pre-count can lead to loosing recordings.
CB-3062 Activating cycle mode during count-in no longer leads to unwanted results.
CB-3110 Fixes defective samples of Microsonic’s Mellow EP instrument.
CB-3159 Type parameter of filter effect plug-in can now be automated as expected.
CB-3145 Importing loops from the factory library no longer results in wrong audio event lengths.
CB-3170 Return to stop in record mode now works as expected when having roll/count enabled.
CB-3175 Solves a problem where importing 96 kHz samples could lead to broken MiniSampler instruments.
CB-3210 Deleting an effect no longer interacts with other effect or track automations.
CB-3162 Fixes a graphical issue where importing .wav files could lead to overlapping between waveform and event size.

Hello :slight_smile: Just updated Cubasis to 2.0 on IOS 9.35 and it crashes on startup! If I reinstall Cubasis will my projects/data be gone? Do I need to update to IOS 10? I fear that other apps, which arent ready for IOS 10 wont start anymore… :neutral_face:

It’s nice to see Cubasis 2 arrive with lots of cool new features and as a free update, to boot. However, there are dark clouds. What must be the most requested feature, a Tempo/Signature track, appears to still be missing. There is a static Tempo/Signature setting, but that is not the same thing. Believe it or not, not everyone is making static music-styles, such as EDM. In many music styles, tempo changes are mandatory. I believe Cubasis is the world’s only DAW that does not include some kind of tempo track!

Secondly, I see no improvements regarding integration with Cubase. Steinberg has greatly improved the process of transferring audio files between Cubase and WaveLab. So, why not between Cubase and Cubasis, which would be an even more logical choice?

Yes, there is the “Cubasis Project Importer” for Cubase, but that is only of any use for projects that start out in Cubasis. Using Cubasis as a mobile recording option for exciting projects entails preparing the project (including rendering all MIDI files as audio files) in Cubase, exporting the audio-files as stems, importing these audio-files into Cubasis, exporting the newly recorded audio-files from Cubasis (again as stems), importing the newly recorded audio-files into Cubase, cleaning up the tracks (removing large chunks of silent audio, etc.). This is a very labour intensive and time consuming task. It’s also the type of task that computers excel in automating!

I will rate Cubasis in AppStore. But, unfortunately, it will receive a much lower rating than it would have, had Steinberg seen fit to address these important issues.

Are you able to access your projects via iTunes filesharing ? or iFunbox ? If you can, you can back them up before trying anything that may cause them to disappear.

Hi JayZen,

Thanks for your message.

Cubasis 2 has been tested on iOS 9 and should not crash on startup.
Also it is not required to delete previous versions before installing an app update normally.

Following Andy’s suggestion it is always strongly recommended to backup projects and other data on a regular basis via the available options such as FileSharing, WiFi Server etc. (please learn more about this in the MediaBay chapter of the in-app help).

Please give it a try to shut down the iPad and restart, to see if Cubasis 2 can be launched as expected.

If launching the app still fails, please come up with a separate topic, so we’re able to support you.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Svenne,

Thanks for your message.

We’re aware about your tempo/signature track and the feature request is included on our list.

Cubasis is made by a small team and we carefully evaluate features and their costs before setting up the scope for upcoming updates in regards to our roadmap.

While I’m not able to give you a date when to expect the feature, please note that it is on our list.
We will also add your request and recommendations regarding transferring Cubase projects to Cubasis.

Best,
Lars

Relaunched trice, no chance. Guess I need to back up via pc, cause iCloud back up is way to slow anyway for my all my current projects (21,6 gb) hope it works, if it didnt, I’ll report in a separate topic/post,

Cheers

Hi JayZen,

Hope the update issue can be solved quickly at your end.

In any case, please make sure to regularly your projects and other files.
Data lost caused by whatever reason can be very painful!

Best,
Lars

Lars

Is Cubasis 2 optimised for iPad Pro 12.9"? If not, when is this planned?

Just an assumption since I see no specific mention: still no iPhone support?

I presume still no Iphone support, any plans for the future?

Thank you for this marvelous update.

Where are the busses? Lslowak had mentioned this should be in this update. Did I read something wrong?
This is an obvious and much needed improvement. What happened?
Thanks for the free update. I will still gladly pay for a decent reverb and busses. Any idea on when this may happen?
The busses have been spoken about since January or earlier. I’m wondering why they weren’t implemented here?

I haven’t tried it yet, but I’d like to say something. Thanks so much for pushing ahead and developing this. We all know that cubasis isn’t perfect, but equally we know it’s a fantastic but software. For me there only serious limitations I have are about the lack of audio unit support for guitar fx, and aside from including a greater array in cubasis, this isn’t really a Steinberg issue. I would like to give a huge round of thanks to the team.

I can’t remember where but I read some where that we need to delete Cubasis 1 before downloading Ver 2 on iOS, is that true? If so, will I lose any projects or IAA’s associated with those projects?

Also in Ver 2 can we use the same IAA plug in and use 2 different amp sims on the same track? For instance I have the Amplitude App and I have the Soldano Amp sim and the Orang Amp sim. I like to mix those amp sims to get my guitar sound. Thank you.

Cubasis 2 runs fine on the iPad Pro 12.9 but does not provide specific screen size options.
The topic is included in our backlog but unlikely to be changed within one of the next updates.

New features/versions will be announced once updates become available.

Please give Cubasis 2 a try on the super iPad Pro 12.9 (have it in use myself).
Cubasis 2 looks and performs great in my opinon.

Best,
Lars