I am going to describe the problem as best I can and provide you with relevant information. Though I cannot provided step by step because it is random, I run into the problem every time on the simplest of attempted projects.
IOS Version 13.6.1. - holding off on 14.
256 Gb iPad - 100.6 GB available. Not a space issue. iPad Pro - MLQ62LL/A.
I am going to try to explain this. I cannot even this application off the ground into anything meaningful for productivity.
When I have attempted to use the app, I have restarted the iPad so nothing else is running. I double check this by hitting the button couple of times to see what is running. I’ve done my diligence here on starting from immediate restart of the iPad.
Step 1 : Add 2 bars of midi drums AM Rock Kit - built in midi drum media in the app.
Step 2 : Added a bass synthesizer midi track - 2 bars. That’s it.
I tried internal and several other apps. I have even frozen the apps to try to get to the next step. The problem I will describe later sometimes
Step 3 : Add 3rd track. Sometimes I will use internal sampler. If get to here, I might be using a synth or something and I know not to even try Moog Model 15 that’s not happening. Microsonic.
I will start the process of editing midi and trying things out. Normal midi composition we’ve all done on computers for years.
After several modifications to midi and playing back the changes Cubasis will do one of several things that leads to a point where it’s completely unusable.
I’ll edit some midi and hit playback -
No audio on the new track
I have tried to remove the instrument and try a different instrument. Sometimes that works for a little bit but I ALWAYS RUN INTO PROBLEM.
The problem is at some point, I will hit playback and the entire sound coming from Cubasis sounds, for lack of better description, like the playback sample rate dropped into single digits. Robin Williams the comedian used to make a joke about Quaaludes and people being very slow and that’s the best description I can make in regards to this problem.
I have tried to freeze tracks to overcome this but that still does not help.
Literally, 2 bar project 2-3 midi tracks of 2 bars and the whole thing crashes completely and becomes unusable.