Cubasis 3.2, new Waves IAPs and Xmas Sale available

Sorry I can no longer made a clip since the issue is gone after I update the iPadOS to 14.3. last night. It might happen to those with 14.2, hope they can made a clip once they encountered the issue. For your reference, when I open Cubasis, there is a pop up that says the audio units not found, it list all the audio units that been currently used in the tracks. When I check the insert effect still those audio unit in active but when I click it, the audio unit GUI do not appear instead the Waves plugin Q10 appear which is also in the insert effect of that track. Hope this will help. Thanks

Hi Zhek,

Thanks for the update.
Glad to hear the issues is gone.

Best,
Lars

Hi 12h

I just purchased an ipad pro w magic keyboard an reinstalled Cubasis 3 and it\s really awesome, BUT sometimes the shortcuts doesn’t work…it seems like it needs a touch on the screen to update before it works again…just saying!

So far we are unaware of this issue.
Please provide us with the steps or clip, how to reproduce the issue.

Thanks
Lars

First off I do love using Cubasis as it’s my go to for developing/finishing tracks. That being said I’ve run into a glitch with the latest update 3.2. When I move around/arrange audio or midi clips the audio/midi that was selected starts to move around the screen as if having a mind of its own. I have tried to adjust the latency and multi core latency but have so far not been able to avoid this glitch. This makes editing a track cumbersome. I’ve had to copy and paste where I want stuff to go and even then you still really need to have the ability to move your clips around.

I have restarted my iPad and Cubasis itself but to no avail. I am currently running a 2020 iPad Pro 11. I have decided to try and update to 14.3 as I was having this issue with my device being at 14.2. Just trying to go though my options. The update to 14.3 has not seemed to help.

Any help/suggestions on this would be amazing, Or has anyone else experienced this?

Many Thanks,
Bradley

Hi @bradleysperger

Thanks for your message.

Please note that we’ve released a dedicated article regarding the Multicore-rendering and latency settings, which hopefully helps.

Best,
Lars

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt response Lars. I have read over the material on multi core latency settings. It is very informative and I have implemented the suggestions. However even with the multi core processing turned off I still am running into a problem when moving clips around in my project. When try to move the selected clip it will over exasperated the movement and the clip will still be moving after my finger/pencil had stopped.

I have noticed that this only happens in large/larger projects where I am running anywhere from 30-50 effects total on the tracks. When I opened up a session with around 10 effects or less tracks I noticed that I can easily move around the clips. Could this might possibly be because when multicore is engaged it is using all the resources and makes it harder to use other features.

Would you have any further suggestions to remedy this? Or might there be a big fix in the next number of weeks?

Many thanks for all the hard and incredible work you and your team do!

Bradley

I Am having the same exact issue plus de magic keyboard is not functional with this version, I can’t type names of projects (and it is not te keyboard as it works with all my apps but this one)

Hi bradleysperger,

Thanks for your message.

Are you able to provide us with a project (download link via private message) and the required steps, allowing our engineers to reproduce the issue?

Best,
Lars

Please let us have a detailed step report, where the magic keyboard fails to work.

Thanks,
Lars

I’m having trouble with moving tracks with the new update. When I move them they start moving back and forth on there own and I can’t get them in the right place. And when I mix down it adds another like 3 or 4 minutes to the song.
If this could be resolved, awesome. By the way what an awesome App I love it!

same issue as with bradleyspergers, clips moving around, then cubasis freezes and does not react anymore. This starts as soon as you try to move a clip. No way I can finish my project…
My setup: Ipad pro 12.9 3d gen, Ios 14.1
I will go to 14.3, maybe this helps?

Hi Lawrs the Wave tune plugin which I purchased,
every time need restoring whenever e I reopen cubasis 3.2

The issue with the moving clips will be evaluated by the team!

Best,
Lars

Hi

Hi Lawrs the Wave tune plugin which I purchased,
every time need restoring whenever e I reopen cubasis 3.2

Please give it a try to enable your iCloud, which immediately should resolve the problem. Please let us know if it does.

Thanks
Lars

Thanks problem Resolved love you

1- One question regarding wave tune
There is no custom scale , is any plan to implement in wave tune

Hi Divesh,

Thanks problem Resolved love you

We’re glad to read that enabling iCloud resolved the Waves Tune IAP problem. Thanks for letting us know.

1- One question regarding wave tune
There is no custom scale , is any plan to implement in wave tune

As of yet we have no information about this. New features and updates are normally announced, when becoming available.

Thanks!

Stay well,
Lars

So please add on the custom scale in wave tune like desktop version

Hi friends, I did bought the cubasis 2 last couple of months and yesterday I purchased the Waves Effects and when you try to add them you will have only the wave page shown and the cubasis project will disappear mean you will have Black background with the waves effect.
I hope that Steinberg Team will Solve this Problem Soon.
Thank you Kindly

Hi @georgefor2,

I purchased the Waves Effects and when you try to add them you will have only the wave page shown and the cubasis project will disappear mean you will have Black background with the waves effect.

We are aware of the issue, which seems to be related to iOS.
We hope to be able to communicate a solution very soon.

Best,
Lars

Hi @georgefor2,

I did bought the cubasis 2 last couple of months and yesterday I purchased the Waves Effects and when you try to add them you will have only the wave page shown and the cubasis project will disappear mean you will have Black background with the waves effect.

Please note that Cubasis 2.8.5 is available for immediate download, resolving the Waves dark background issue (introduced with iOS 14.4).

Please give the update a try and let us have your feedback.

Thank you
& stay well,
Lars